Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just moved into a gated apt complex. That uses garage door openers to open the gate. The ones provided are your standard garage door opener. I am just wondering if any one here is in the same situation. I am looking to get a key chain one so I don't have to keep the big on in my pocket to get in and out of my complex.
Has any one here done this if so which key chain remote did you go with

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
This is related to motorcycle because ...?

If you have questions relating to the security of your bike, we can help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is general discussion correct??
I can not be the only person who lives in a gated community that wants/uses a key chain style opener.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got one, but the problem might be getting the apt complex to give you access to program the remote. Most openers you have to have access to the recieving unit in order to program the remote.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Yup. It's a general discussion relating to motorcycle.

General Discussion (26 Viewing)
General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Since you mentioned apartment, I recommend chaining your bike to a post rather than worrying about the key entry remote.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here you go man. This one taps to your high beam. But like it was said before, I don't know if your complex will let you swap codes.
http://www.f2ptechnologies.com/
that is sick and for the OP i live in a gated apt with a garage and i just put my transmitter in my pocket in my jacket then press the button through it

·
Registered
51 Posts
I live in a gated apartment complex that offers garages for rent so security isn't a problem. Carrying 2 garage door openers just isn't an option for me. Not that it's that much heavier but I hate having the extra "bulk". I use the keypad at the main gate and carry just the one opener for my actual garage.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ive seen people mount there opener somewhere on the bike, (maybe the tool box on the right side?) and just run a button/switch to the handlebars, etc..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yup. It's a general discussion relating to motorcycle.

General Discussion (26 Viewing)
General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Since you mentioned apartment, I recommend chaining your bike to a post rather than worrying about the key entry remote.
Well he's asking the general motorcycle community here how they go about carrying the garage door openers along with them on their MOTORCYCLE! I think that falls into this forum just fine. No need to be a wise arse.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I live in a gated apartment complex that offers garages for rent so security isn't a problem. Carrying 2 garage door openers just isn't an option for me. Not that it's that much heavier but I hate having the extra "bulk". I use the keypad at the main gate and carry just the one opener for my actual garage.
lame you got two i got one for both never been a problem for me

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bring my car remote with me, doubtful that the landlord would be willing to share the receiver code...

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Well he's asking the general motorcycle community here how they go about carrying the garage door openers along with them on their MOTORCYCLE! I think that falls into this forum just fine. No need to be a wise arse.
I'm not trying to be and it wasn't intended to be that way. His topic was unclear and I even asked him how it is related to motorcycle. After reading a few comments down, I realized that he wanted to mount on the bike.

It appears to me that topic kind of asked what should I wear when going out on a date? I'm looking for a nice watch, what brand should I get? Or, my wife is cheating on me, what should I do? Use Google, Myspace, Answers, or any other site for those off-topics. 600RR is a motorcycle forum not Yahoo.

Anyway, I'm not a moderator. Feel free to post whatever you like. My apology for coming off as a d!ck. Nevertheless, enjoy your stay here at 600RR.net :five:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts