Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's my question the longest ive ever riden without stopping was 2 hours, well im planning to take a trip up norcal for my friends birthday. and it would take roughly between 4-6 hours. Well i was wondering is it bad to be riding that long, would the engine be hurting?

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
I don't know, longest for me has been about 2.5 - 3 hours... I would ride up with you to NorCal, I'd like to see some friends up there too!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I dont know everything about bikes but i think they can handle a 20hr ride if you check the fluids. Your bike has a cooling unit similar to a car and they can ride for days! The only issues ive heard are with harleys because they are air cooled. Even then i know people who rode 600+ miles on harleys and only stopped for gas and a piss. Good luck on the trip!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I did this before.. Southern virginia to Northern New Jersey. It was about 7 hour non stop riding. I stopped for three or four times to have a break and fill up gas. bike was totally fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I rode my bike from san diego ca to gulfport ms and trust me your bike will be fine however your ass will hate you., also depending how you sit your right leg will go numb and both of your wrist will hurt like hell. good luck and safe riding.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Vegas run was about that long.. No problems here.. I know a guy that did an Iron butt on a 600RR. 1500 miles in 24 hours.. He had no issues.. Ride it man....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yeah man my ass and back is gonna hate me, but oh well its my firends birthday this will be on the 9th. Ill make sure to put some oil and check everything before i leave

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
do it as long as u can bear it. ur seats are softer than the 06's and i don't think u'll have any mechanical problems. you'll just have a flat spot in the middle of ur tires after riding for that long!

·
Registered
26 Posts
i wounldnt worry about your back so much but i would recommend gloves, at least a leather jacket, and some tear aways ( the visor tapes that motocross riders use to "tear away" mud) the bugs in mid cali covered me last time i rode through there. Bees suck a$$

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Man, we could use the excitment of your threads over on cbrriders.com.... HAHA.. I think like 40% of the active threads over here have been started by you.. Do you feel special?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I rode from ny to florida which took 12 hours i put my honda cbr600rr on cruise control and nothing happen, i had to stop for gas 11 times though.
I had pillows under my ass for comfort and i kept a steady speed of 120mph

lol j/k

·
Registered
166 Posts
I rode from Myrtle beach, sc to Atlanta - 377.2 miles bout 6hrs, only stopping for gas, with no problems. i have noticed that my slip on has a noticeably deeper growl (gpr) and now my bike gets up to temperarure really fast. ie like i will let it warm up to about 100 pull out my driveway look down and its at 150 almost 5 sec gap. it did get up to 248 when i was in MB, hope i didnt screw something up! Did I fellas??

1 - 20 of 63 Posts