Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over here, the weather is as dusty as sh!t, sandstorms and all that, i mean the highways are literary cut through the desert

i usually ride at 100-120 mph continuously for almost an hour, and then back, and i almost take that trip every other week,

so my concern is, could that be of any harm to the bike ?

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Sweet!!!!! That'd be a hell of a ride errday!

·
Registered
931 Posts
That would get old real quick. Everyday doing that speed. Even the first time after being at 120 for 5 minutes in a straight line would get boring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would love to see him riding in his dish-dash over 100mph...

Yes, dust harms all of your moving parts. Your engine will fail a lot sooner especially at those continues speeds.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Change the sprocket ratio? I don't know how far you could go, but if you could do 100mph at only ~7k rpms.
Of course your accel times would be a lot slower, but the lower rpms would help save the motor unless it has to work too hard due to the low engine torque rating.

Has anyone ever played with major sprocket size changes? Now Im curious.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Clean your filter on a bi weekly basis or something. That sucks, I can't imagine how quickly you go through tires doing that. You should darkside it on the RR :drunk:

·
Registered
403 Posts
What tires are you running and how long do that last doing that? Seems like the centers would wear pretty quick... If i could do 100-120 for that long I would prob get a liter bike as at those speeds your engine would be working less hard and its geared a little better for it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've been over to Europe and the middle east a few times.... They drive like crazy over there...and they drive fast...100mph on the city streets is typical...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have a consistent speed of 100-120 mph? and on the street? I think the very last thing you should worry about is the bike having problems.
consistent speed of 100-120mph on the street, its just like the pic "HI OFECR" posted, only difference is its 10 lanes, 5 going and 5 coming, and literary no traffic at night.

i really try to go at 70 mph but its sooo hard when seeing the empty stretch of road ahead of you, its easier said but i dare if any of you rides that road without hitting their top speed

Dont get me wrong, i really dont enjoy it at all, and i fkn hate going in a straight line, its just that the weather its soo annoying and the ride is tiring and boring that i want to reach my destination faster, only reason i ride my bike on that road is cz i sold my car and cant afford a new one now

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love to see him riding in his dish-dash over 100mph...

Yes, dust harms all of your moving parts. Your engine will fail a lot sooner especially at those continues speeds.
thats ignorant, no not everyone wears a dishdash here, its just the locals which make 20% of the population, and i wud assume u imagine we ride camels on the highway

oh and btw, nothing feels better than wearing a dishdash and having ur balls suspended freely in air, best ventilation in the world, and easy access :p

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What tires are you running and how long do that last doing that? Seems like the centers would wear pretty quick... If i could do 100-120 for that long I would prob get a liter bike as at those speeds your engine would be working less hard and its geared a little better for it.
ya im considering gettin a fireblade, over here everyone has a busa

dunlops qualifier, 190 rear, bike doesnt feel as nimble as when i had the 180 on, but def looks better and i heard its better for straights, no?

iv had them for almost 2 months now and the center is starting to get flat

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
Bullsh1t, that's what the filter's for.

Keep the filter clean and the oil changed and you'll be good. The chain and sprockets will en extra care too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bullsh1t, that's what the filter's for.

Keep the filter clean and the oil changed and you'll be good. The chain and sprockets will en extra care too.
********??? Have you ever been there? Military humvees were falling in those conditions going 3 times less the speed. The dust he has there isnt sand. Molecules could get down to 1000 of a micron if not smaller. If you are just posting to post and never been to that part of the world then you shouldn't comment. Besides what OP failed to mention is his ambient temps could get up to 130 degrees. Thus he likes to freeball in his Dish-dash (nothing wrong with that, I have one too).

Dust effects more than just your intake. It goes in every nook and crevice of your bike clogging stuff up. Chain, sprockets, brakes, ball bearings shocks, electronics etc are subject to contamination let alone fine dust that does go through the filter and gets into your engine.

:+1:eek:n getting a liter bike, it will last longer by enduring less stress at those speeds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts