Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha so i rode my bike to school yesterday and on the way home it started raining (i guess thats east Texas weather for ya) but i was wonderin...is that bad for the bike?

it was pretty narly and COLD but i made it home safe...and i guess i never realized how much rain could sting when youre goin 50 mph

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Make sure you thoroughly clean the chain first then lubricate it. And oh yeah, you posted this in the wrong threaddd =P

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Well I sold my house yesterday and moved in to an Apt. Unfortunately my bike is not garaged right now. Next month though I'll put her in storage. Anyways, it's raining and I hate leaving it outside. I rode it in the rain today for the first time. Call me anal, but the only water that should touch my bike is soapy water. It was cool though...

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Well I sold my house yesterday and moved in to an Apt. Unfortunately my bike is not garaged right now. Next month though I'll put her in storage. Anyways, it's raining and I hate leaving it outside. I rode it in the rain today for the first time. Call me anal, but the only water that should touch my bike is soapy water. It was cool though...
Get a bike cover asap!

I rode the bike in the rain yesterday too. Kinda got stuck in a lil downpour on the way home from my buddy's house. Gave the bike a nice wipedown when i got home.

·
Registered
753 Posts
The grooves in the tires are there for a reason. Hell, I'll do trackdays in the rain. It's just water. Don't sweat it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Had my first ride in the rain. It was kinda nerve-racking. I just took it nice and easy going home. Kept her straight up on painted lines and railroad tracks! Cleaned and lubed my chain soon as I got home.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
what kinda lube would i need to use? and how do i go about doing that?
Sorry for taking so long to get back. For my chain I use a combination of Chain Wax and WD-40. Usuallly when i get home after riding in the rain I immediately spay it down with WD-40 so the water doesn't get settled in it. And I use chain wax whenever I do a complete cleaning of it.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
haha so i rode my bike to school yesterday and on the way home it started raining (i guess thats east Texas weather for ya) but i was wonderin...is that bad for the bike?

it was pretty narly and COLD but i made it home safe...and i guess i never realized how much rain could sting when youre goin 50 mph
Sting? What are you wearing, shorts and t-shirt? If riding in the rain 'stings', get some more gear on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts