Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love my bike. I ride even when i know im going to grab some fast food and bring it home. I make my bike work for me. My question is who likes to ride in the rain.

You cant go fast
You cant stop fast
You cant corner fast
You cant do anything really

Mabye its the way i feel knowing all i cant do. I just love it. Like my bike cause its different then my car. But really how man guys have my same bike. # in my small town. But when it rains im the only rocket out. Hell the only thing on two wheeels. Call me stupid but its the best time to ride in my book.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If your geared up for it (with the right apparel) it is not so bad. It also teaches you to be smooth. I first started riding in WA, so you get used to the rain there, but that was many years ago. My rain skills are lacking.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i always ride with gear. i am still buying my rain proof gear tho. For now i just use my normal gear.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i dont get excited to ride in the rain... seems like everytime i get caught in the rain im on the highway. once with out a jacket on, felt like i was being pricked by needles

·
Registered
991 Posts
I live in WA so riding in the rain is inevitable. But generally its cold as balls. Cant say Im ever excited about it and I usually dont have the right gear because I never plan on it lol. I got caught once doing a 380 mile day trip. I went across the state (to Spokane for those of you who are in WA) to see a friend and have lunch. After I left, about 10 min into the second half of my ride it started to pour and didnt stop for about 120 miles. That pretty much ruined riding in the rain for me because when I got home and took a hot shower my body was still cold to the touch for about 1 hour. After that I pretty much try to stay dry.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If you didn't know anything about traction, riding in the rain will teach you pretty quickly...lol

Makes painted lines, leaves, oil and sand/gravel easier to negotiate the more time in the saddle you have when it rains. Kinda like running with low tire pressure...lol.

I'll do it if I have to, though one of the things I like most about living in AZ vs. Houston, TX is not having so much rain. I miss all the greenery though.

That cold rain sucks the most.

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The day i picked my bike up was great, Sunny, warm, clear, then dark, cold, raining. I picked my bike up about two hours away from my house. That was my frist time on a bike for the most part. Half way home the rain comes and comes hard. I stoped at every gass station on the road. It took me hours to get home. My frist day on a rocket. A 2007 cbr600rr and it was raining very hard. That was the coldest day of my life. But i just love being outside and i love my bike so the rain is just another chance to ride in a different way then i normally do.

·
Registered
491 Posts
unless I really have to do it, like go to work and my wife has the car, I will put on my rain gear and no sweat. I definitely don't go joy riding in the rain though, that's just dumb
:drunk:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also live in WA and I ride in the rain all the time. It can be down pouring and I am only going to the food store a mile down the road but I will still ride instead of take my truck. I just love to be on the bike rain or shine. Now don't get me wrong I will take the sun over rain any day but riding in the rain is still fun. I will sometimes go joy riding in the rain too. I love taking corners in the rain. It improves my skills. Unless I am riding for a while I won't even put my rain suit on. I will just wear my textile jacket.

As long as I am on my CBR I have a huge grin on my face.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I haven't rode much in the rain but what I hate the most is lack of visibility. The amount of spray cars kick up makes it hard to see the road well in my opinion. I try to use the visor wipe part of my gloves which helps a little but not much.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I live in Hawaii, and for the most part it is perfect weather, but in the winter it is terrible. once they had 30 solid days of rain. I only have my bike so i am forced to do it. I don't have rain gear, but i might get it someday. It doesn't bother me too much, and i agree, it teaches you alot. I just throw my ipod in a zip lock bag and go. The thing that sucks is it seems to wear my gloves out faster. I love being on my bike, allready put about 16,000 miles on it in about a year and a half, and i would say that about 40% of it was in the rain. Still trying to build confidence in the rain, but i do pretty good. I've even had my back tire start hydroplaning. I've rode in tropical storms where it was raining so bad, that the roads were starting to flood about and inch, and within 5 mins of riding every single part of me was soaked in water. So you're not the only one who doesn't mind it. But I would rather have sun, and dry roads. I do hate how my helmet fogs up though. and how all the cagers seem to forget how to drive when its raining.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My first two bikes were naked, no fairings/windscreen. Rain meant wet legs/crotch/chest. I don't mind the CBR in the rain. I had to ride for about an hour in heavy rain, tucked down LOW :) I liked it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My friend's bike has a carb. that points forward and it really bogs in the rain because it always gets wet, and I noticed the cbrs air intake is in the front. Does water ever like get in there and effect it when it's raining? It kinda keeps bugging me, sorry if it's a stupid question

·
Registered
116 Posts
My friend's bike has a carb. that points forward and it really bogs in the rain because it always gets wet, and I noticed the cbrs air intake is in the front. Does water ever like get in there and effect it when it's raining? It kinda keeps bugging me, sorry if it's a stupid question
I've never had any trouble with this.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I love riding in the rain. If your not scared to get a little moisture on your bike. I think everyone should do it. I feel as though you gain respect for your machine and it's capabilities which translate to even better dry riding. Stay smooth on the brakes and throttle. Just be sure you post inspect when it's dry and lube your chain back up etc.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
i am with you. i do enjoy a ride in the rain every now and then. i rode my bike home 22 miles in the rain one day on some country roads that i know very well. all i had on was a tshirt cause it was like 80 degrees that day and yes i still had my helmet and gloves on. and when i got home the only thing that was wet was my shoulders and my shoes but i was doing like 55mph cause i know the roads so well. just gotta watch the throttle on turns. my back tire was pretty bald and the back end swerved a little while i was making a left hand turn. as long as there is no lightning i pretty much ride rain or shine.

·
Registered
857 Posts
ive had to ride daily before. it sucks to leave for work in the morning when it is raining. but as melmsrt4 said: "it teachs you to be smooth"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts