Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dad's b-day is coming up soon and my mom wants to get him a riding mower. We're all going to throw in on it and we're going to spend around 2-2.5k on one. Would this be enough for one? What would you guys recomend?

My dad is very particular when it comes to buying something like this and if it's a crappy one he'll know and probley want to return it. I told my mom we should just give him the money and he can go buy it but she wants it to be a surprise. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
shouldnt we ask BENRilley

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
It has been a few years.. but from the last time I had a riding mower.. It was a Liquid cooled Honda and It was by far the best mower I ever used. What sucks is Honda doesn't make riding mowers for the US anymore. If you want it to last then go get a Deer.

https://e-marketing.deere.com/collab/customer/ViewAllProducts.do

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
What kinda of mower are you looking for? Garden tractor or a zero-turn? what size deck are you looking at.. IF you have flat ground and a lot of acres bigger the deck is the better.. I think the best deck is like 42 - 48...

I like the Dixie Choppers, my dad was thinking about becoming a dealer for them around here.. But I never mowed with one..

I say Toro or John Deere is the best garden, I also like the kubota.. and you get what you pay for.. dont get a yard king, craftsman, and not a fan of the newer cub cadets...

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Man get a John Deere. I love the hydra-stat on them damn things, we have one that is all wheel steering. But they are hella expensive. by the way, thats a murray from wal-mart in my avatar. It works great to.

·
Registered
669 Posts
my dad has a john deere rider that he and my grand father bought to use at the family buisness. he is still using it today and the thing still runs like brand new and it is over 20 years old now.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
scotch_03rr said:
my dad has a john deere rider that he and my grand father bought to use at the family buisness. he is still using it today and the thing still runs like brand new and it is over 20 years old now.
Nothing runs like a deere...

·
Registered
587 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts