Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe i havent spent enough hours on here, but are there tracks like heartland park in topeka that have "open" days for regular people to ride their bikes (in the midwest)?

·
Registered
158 Posts
yes heartland park, and Mid America Motorsports has a nice track. You also have Hallet in OK and the raceway in STL.

events coming up are trackaddix in HPT on 4/18 and edgeracing school 4/19 in MAM. Also check out the STAR school they are coming to MAM and Hallet in June and May. NESBA will be in Topeka july 4-5.

trackaddix has a lot of dates around here.

finally check out kcplazasportbikes.com they have some great on board track videos and and track day forum.

hit me up if you wanna ride sometime.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not sure how experienced you are on the track, I'm new to it all, but NESBA is offering a FREE track lesson on July 4/5 at Heartland Park. I signed up for the 4th, figured it would be a nice start to the holiday.

It's a classroom session and then two 20 min. sessions on the track. Not too long, but for free?, can't complain.

BTW, I ride a black RR and I've only seen one other RR since last summer. If anyone wants to ride, PM me cause I'd love to meet more sportbike, esp RR riders, maybe outside of Johnson County.....

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
that site kicks ass man...great resource

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
When you go for nesba's intro day plan on paying for the whole day because its addicting....

Nesba is a great org to start learning on...the Control riders are great.

Jason

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well, this sat Team Promotion had a 'Try the Track' Day. Similar to what someone mentioned about clasroom and riding sessions. As long as you have decent gear, helmet, gloves jacket, jeans and over the ankle shoes and a bike thats in good shape you could ride. Everyone was impressed and many joined up as full members! Great time for all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts