Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody i was having a conversation with a few riding buddies of mine and i was wondering how soon is to soon to go to a riding school for a new rider? a good friend of mines brother wants to go to a riding school and hes only been riding for a 2-3months do you think that its to soon? oh one last thing he has gone through his msf course.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If he's ridden every day and has a few thousand miles under his belt he's probably OK. If he's ridden the bike back and forth to the Sonic three times for bike night he probably needs a little more experience.

Did you fly Tomcats? If so, goddammit, that's cool!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
should be okay in B group following the control rider.

:+1: Just remind him that its not a race... So just ride your own pace. Its better to make a mistake on the track than on the street. But I agree with Jim if he has at least a 1k under his belt then he will be fine. The scariest thing about the track for new riders is the speed. But if he is in "B" group then that wont be a problem too much. Although they do ride at a pretty high speed still.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the opinions and i will pass it on to him. to answer jim questions no i didnt fly the tomcat but my father help write a program for it and i hade a cousin fly it,and its my favorite fighter next to the viper

·
Registered
8 Posts
If he rode regularly during those 2-3 months, he should be fine. In fact, taking a riding school on track will instill the correct habits ahead of time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
for sbtt in the novice group they recommend that you should be comfortable at highway speeds and in traffic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In my opinon as soon as you learn how ride a road bike a school with a begginer level class is the best way to go. Why wouldnt you want to learn proper ridding techniques right out of the box...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think it's (almost) never too early for a riding school, before he has formed any bad habits. Bad habits are hard to break. If he's comfortable riding around on the street, he's ready.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I cornerwork for California Superbike School when they come to NJMP, and there are all speeds out there. I think that as long as he signs up for a school, and doesn't just go out and run a track day, that they'll get him in the right group no matter who he does it with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I cornerwork for California Superbike School when they come to NJMP, and there are all speeds out there. I think that as long as he signs up for a school, and doesn't just go out and run a track day, that they'll get him in the right group no matter who he does it with.
Agreed. I had been riding for 2 or 3 months and then jumped into the California Superbike School. I seriously felt uneasy and was wobbling all over the track my first session, but by the time the 5th and last session rolled around, I felt great and was hitting corners with higher confidence and good speed. Still super slow of course but my comfort was much higher. So I'd say it's never too early for a rider's school.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
my buddies son had a few parking lot practices on his CBR125 then did a race school. not old enough to get a street license but holds a race license. hes doing great, this is his second season and he already has a 1st place.

taking a race school would be the best bet IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts