Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took MSF course last summer(july) when it was exremely hot. But because i was having too much fun, i don't remember how hot it was..

with proper gears on, how hot is it when you ride the bike during the summer? i remember i was sweating because of the helmet....

is spring and fall the best time to ride? or is summer ok too?

just curious..

got a week left before i pick up my first bike.

Q: what is the best place to buy gears(jacket, gloves, helmet etc)??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Savethomas said:
Try Vegas if you want to try hot in the summer. We should be back in triple digits next week. :shock:
I hear ya!! Im in Vegas too.. Rode last night in that crazy a$$ wind!! Didnt ride today for fear of that damn wind picking up again!!

Greg

·
Registered
314 Posts
Like they said, stopping at lights or being stuck in traffic is just horrible when it's hot outside. I have two coats that I wear, a leather for cold weather and a Joe Rocket mesh jacket for when it is hot. Even with my mesh on today I was sweating balls everytime that I stopped. I'm not going to let that hold me back from riding though...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Summer rocks for riding. I'm not scared to sweat when I'm getting my breed on or if I'm gettin my ride on. Its all good my nizzle.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
man... i'd turn on A/C to MAX in my car and i would still sweat when it's above 90 degrees.... whew............................................

imagine how hot it would be with no A/C, leather jacket/helmet/gloves on....

but i'd rather sweat than risk any injuries.. can't wait for my yellow RR !! 8 days left...

·
Registered
494 Posts
I love riding in the summer. It does suck sitting at stop lights when your bike is over 220F and your fans turn on though. Hot air blowing in your already hot face kinda sucks.

As for good gear, buy some Alpinestars stuff from Nick at MRI. www.ridersinc.com you won't find a better deal or a nicer guy to deal with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts