Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a very picky person and i hate the way the mirrors look so i took them off .
have not had a problem yet been off since october

Every1 keeps telling me it was a stupid move .

opinions / Experiences ???

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wait til you have a cop riding your ass. Its just really awkward to turn around and look at him. Mirrors have saved me many times from accidents and tickets.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
the bike looks good without mirrors, but you sacrifice safety.
you cant see whats behind you. of course you still do head checks,
but without mirrors youll do more headchecks and thats more times
that you take your eyes away from whats in front of you. not good!

ive ridden without mirrors for a few weeks waiting for a replacement mirror.
it sucks...i dont like it. i wanna be able to take a quick glance, to see who or
whats behind me...especially when im stopped at a light or intersection in traffic.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
if you dont want to ride with mirrors. take it to the track where everyone is going the same way. but its your ass on the line so that one time you forget to do a head check when you change lanes i suppose as long as you dont take anyone else out with you do whatever you like.

·
Registered
75 Posts
if you dont want to ride with mirrors. take it to the track where everyone is going the same way. but its your ass on the line so that one time you forget to do a head check when you change lanes i suppose as long as you dont take anyone else out with you do whatever you like.
But even with mirrors you should always head check, i do it automatically with mirrors or without!

I do agree though with the general view that mirrors look crap but are very usual especially to see whos behind you without making it obivous (ie checking for the law before you give it some herbs)

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
sometimes i dont take my track fairings off so i ride with no mirror or headlights :) i do have a taillight tho, mirrors can tend to make you not look over your shoulder so i do switch lanes more carefully with them off and have had no troubles otherwise.

·
Registered
483 Posts
bad idea. It's not safe at all. Even if you go really fast and you think that no one will pass you and all you have to do is worry about the traffic in front of you, you can always be surprised by some driver with a quicker car trying to have "fun"...happened to me a few times with an audi s3, bmw m3 and so on and i HAD my mirros on. I was just going so fast that i was not expecting any regular car to keep up with me. Plus...don't tell me you ride like mad 100% of the time. Get some pig spotters (or whatever they are called) or some rizoma mirrors if the stock ones don't do it for you.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
my buddy rides without mirrors.. he told me to take mine off.. i had to go with only one for a while and it drove me nuts till i got the other one back

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think that it's completely dumb, really. You can't see whats behind you, or to the left/right and a little behind you at all. I think that riders have enough to worry about safety wise, why risk it? And you're not only putting youself at risk, you're putting other riders, and drivers at risk too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I always said that when I get my bike, I was going to take the mirrors off cause it looked so good

Well, I got the bike and never took them off (procrastination?)

I finally got around to it and its bunk

You get so used to just glancing in the mirror and having the satisfaction of knowing whats there. When you take them off, you'll find yourself looking in them, only to realize that they arent there

It sucks

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
i wouldnt ride my bike with no mirrors...1. ticker 2. u cant see **** behind u...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
ive debated about taking my mirrors off. but then i dont wanna go through the hassle of finding good covers for the holes. but then no mirrors would force a head look, which is much safer than gettin in the habit of doin just mirror checks and forgetting a head check.

i mirror check, head check, mirror glance, make move

why havent you looked into pig spotters? their a love em hate em thing, guy at my school has an r1 with em, everyday i look at it i question on gettin em

1 - 20 of 159 Posts