Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never ridden with a passenger on the RR, but I am thinking of picking up a second helmet. For those of you who ride with a passenger how is it? Sometimes I feel pressure on my wrists just riding alone, would imagine it to be worse if there’s a girl on my back. Any thoughts?

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
It's nowhere near as fun, but that's any bike..... Most people think the passenger seat is fairly high, but besides that, it's just like any other motorcycle... as for the weight on your wrists, try squeezing the tank with your legs and pulling it off your arms, your turn in will be easier with less weight on the bars as well.... Adding the pack can put a ton more weight on your arms and shoulders, depending on the pack and rather they like to support their own weight on the tank.... Make sure they take rings off ;-)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I took 2 girls on rides, both around 110-120 pounds and it might sound weird but through corners the RR rides like a damn luxury car, sooo mooth. I think its just because the weight is planted in the rear.

- Aaron

·
Registered
172 Posts
Teach her to put her hands on the tank. And it sucks having a passenger on the back. My girlfriend has been on the back of my bike for about 3 years now so she knows what to do. You don't want to go to fast and you might be over cautious. There is nothing wrong with cruesing around with a passenger its when you get into some twisties that bad stuff starts happening.

·
Registered
513 Posts
my two pennies.....if you have less than 10k miles of solo riding , you shouldn't be taking people for rides . two up is fun , if you know what's going on .

·
Registered
168 Posts
ive been on the back and its not too bad if you know what your doing and work well with the otehr rider. but im 5'5 so that makes a difference too

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
H0LLYW00D said:
heres a question about doubling ... would any guy riders ever double another guy?
never, ...unless he's my best friend, and his bike is broken down in the middle of nowhere, and he has no other ride back, and nobody is around to see it, and he doesn't sit too close to me, and he has to wear a helmet so no one knows who it is, and nobody is allowed to ever talk about it..... ever.

nope, never ;-)

·
Registered
168 Posts
interesting...why? just curious as being a male i have been doubled my many guys as i dont have a bike at the moment but still like to ride. we just have an understanding thats all

·
Registered
168 Posts
when i double i use the tank and the biek to stay on as opposed to using the other rider, make thier job easier and becuse i ride they knwo they dont have to explain it all ans also i have full gear so they knwo im serious about riding

·
Registered
541 Posts
I havn't taken any passangers (wanna get good riding solo) but since I've declined everyone on riding it themselves they usualy want to settle for a ride but.. heh. I won't do that either yet. but I will. I don't see a problem with it.

But then again I like showing off the bike and I could give a f*ck less what anyone else thinks when I"m riding around.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i agree, as long as the passenger knows what is going on and holds on it is not that bad. i think the bike has a harder time stopping when you are two up but that could just be me. i agree also with the male rider thing. only if it is my best friend and there is no other way. which has happend one time and that was to keep him out of jail, so yeah he rode b****, also the more they weight the more is throws everything off. jsut be careful and think about what you are doing. ride safe.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts