Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never considered doing it. I always just thought it was a bad idea but I am getting the impression that I am wrong. What are peoples opinions on this?

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
I used to do it a lot, I haven't done it in a while. I don't think it's a big deal. I just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get my shitty headphones to stay in my ears while in the helmet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When my current headphones break I'm going to look into the ones that claim at 43dB reduction to replace my ear plugs on longer rides.

·
Registered
129 Posts
loud pipes

Not a great idea for around town, fire truck, ambulance, train. I like to hear the bike anyway. I say go for it on a long ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For long rides, yeah. Illegal in all states though IIRC. I've been pulled over and not been cited specifically for it - if OTOH a cop doesn't like ya, they can tack that on as an additional violation. The Sony ER6i's are a good quality earbud; but pricey.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i went for a ride yesterday with my ipod for the first time.. I didnt like it it was too distracting.. when i stopped for gas i took out my ear buds for the rest of the ride.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I ride with my IPOD.. i just put 1 ear bud in my left ear... i tried both ears.. but its way too distracting... 1 is cool... as long as i can hear some tunes i'm good.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
well consider this, if you ride with ear plugs it dont make any difference if your music is on. since you wont be able to hear anyway. but the down side is that if you dont have a good noise canceling ear buds, your hearing well be out in no time. personally i ride from time to time with ipod or ear plugs, but i i do ride with music on, i keep the volume low with my noise cancelling ear phone. try the shure se530 earbuds, its really expensive, bit it really works.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts