Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something we MUST do most of the time. How hard is it to do this? It is very hard for me. The RR begs to be ridden hard and it is sooo hard to tell it no. It's not a problem in traffic but when the road opens and starts twisting, I find it very hard to ride with restraint. How hard is it for you?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I can relate. The bike loves the higher Revs and begs for more, like you are holding IT back or something. The only thing that stops me from sustaining a high speed is the dang cops in Ohio, they are everywhere.

X

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I hardly ever see cops where I ride because there are hardly any straights long enough for a car to build up speed. They don't like to hang out where they aren't going to get to write any tickets. I just hate it when I come up behind one and then I have to slow down. I almost never speed on straight roads though...well not more than 10 MPH over. That's when I have to have restraint, and it sucks. Who wants to ride in a straight line for very long? I have to tell my self to slow down, but I want to hurry up and get to the good roads.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've found that one trackday per month keeps me slower on the roads. The roads seem so lame compared to the track... So I don't really feel like riding as hard on the roads anymore.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
The trackdays help me a whole lot. Haven't been able to afford one since getting the RR though.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
fabb600rr said:
I've found that one trackday per month keeps me slower on the roads. The roads seem so lame compared to the track... So I don't really feel like riding as hard on the roads anymore.
A wise statement right there.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Does 70-80mph on an open two lane road count as restraint? For me it does :bitchslap: :bounce: But that is totally within the ability of the bike and myself

Unfortunately, there are no tracks around here suited for bikes. They are all set in the woods with little room for offs. Watkins Glen, and Limerock are probably the closest but are ligned with guardrails (ouch!!)

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
WherzRoony said:
Does 70-80mph on an open two lane road count as restraint? For me it does :bitchslap: :bounce: But that is totally within the ability of the bike and myself

Unfortunately, there are no tracks around here suited for bikes. They are all set in the woods with little room for offs. Watkins Glen, and Limerock are probably the closest but are ligned with guardrails (ouch!!)
Watkins would be fun if it weren't for the guardrails, fastest road course in North America. I would love to take the esses flat out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ehh....i pretty much accelerate fast everywhere and then when im crusing highways i try to cruise around 100 in the stretches where i know cops arent radaring. then if another bike or fast car speeds by i just race them threw traffic cuz thats just such an adrenaline rush i could care less about cops. ive been lucky so far that i will pass a cop when ive just slowed down from speeding. im bound to get caught at some point...its gonna suck but going fast and being retarded is just too fun

C

·
0 Posts
ehh....i pretty much accelerate fast everywhere and then when im crusing highways i try to cruise around 100 in the stretches where i know cops arent radaring. then if another bike or fast car speeds by i just race them threw traffic cuz thats just such an adrenaline rush i could care less about cops. ive been lucky so far that i will pass a cop when ive just slowed down from speeding. im bound to get caught at some point...its gonna suck but going fast and being retarded is just too fun
Someone just learn how to troll?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
the cops keep me in check ;) haha. i def agree the RR begs to be whipped, or maybe whip you. i love diving into deep leans and hitting 150mph on the freeways. but u always have to practice discretion tho. cops are cracking down everywhere. esp here in orlando.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts