Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant understand why both blinkers on the left side flash at a normal rate and the blinkers on the right side flash pretty fast. Both of the font blinkers are PhillipLock hart cat eyes with LED running light and single filament bulbs. At the two back are phillip lock hart flushmount with single filament. This was not a problem until my left rear bulb burnt out, so I replaced it and still the problem. I want to see if anybody has a solution without having to throw a resistor on the right side. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Try and switch the bulb that you replaced with the other stock bulb, see if that will correct the problem.. The bulbs might be different..

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Usually a sign of low impedance (i.e. replacing a high ohm bulb w/ a low ohm bulb, or led set (low ohm).. same effect happens when light is blown..

·
Registered
254 Posts
just add resistors to the side that is fast.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah, you can do what they all said, or... replace the old bulb on the left side with the same kind you put on your right... that way they both blink fast... if you're okay with that at least.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Before you invest too much time in this, make sure you don't have a bulb out, that will give you a fast blinky

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both Rear bulbs were replaced at the same time. Both Flash, just not at the same rate. The front bulbs are stock LP Smoked Cats eyes. All bulbs are functional.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
That's the strangest electrical problem I've ever heard of.

If the only thing that changed were the 2 rear bulbs... it sounds like one of the bulbs doesn't create the same amount of resistance as the other... which if the bulbs are identical (same make, same wattage) I've never heard of before.

Try taking the rear bulbs and swapping sides. If the other side flashes fast then replace the bulb that causes the faster flash.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Damn that blinker fuild. Check for leaks too. You'd hate to refill them just to have the fuild leak back out. And it's such a PITA to clean up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts