Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So for years my bike was trouble free, almost.. too perfect. It's a 2007 CBR600RR.

The only thing that has "gone wrong" is the right headlight (low beam) hasn't worked for a while. The bike was already at operating temperature and has been shut off shortly beforehand. When it was restarted the lights were on for a second or two, and then the right light shut off as I was putting my gear on. And it has never turned back on since, even for a moment.

The high beam (left light) still works. And the third eye (position light) also still works perfectly. I have also tested a new bulb and it isn't an issue either. I have swapped out the fuel injection relay with the headlight relay as well, and the bike still runs fine (so the headlight relay is okay). Everything works perfectly except the right light.

I have looked at the wiring diagram and traced the headlight wires to the switch block (on the left handle) and starter switch (on the right handle). I'm surprised these are related to the low beam but sure.

My best guess is that the right switch is stuck the tiniest bit? Maybe a bit of grit? Because if I recall correctly, upon starting the right light shuts off when the starter is cranking?

Am I on the right track here? I haven't started probing with a multi meter yet as I'm just trying to understand how it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I used my test light to confirm that the blue and white wires, which trace to the switch block and starter switch do have power.​
I tried taking the actual switch out of the plastic case with no success. Not sure what the trick is but I'll keep trying!​
I also confirmed there is no power going to the headlight connector too.​

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Bit the bullet and started taking the fairings apart. Was able to test the start switch and confirm it works as intended. Now to see if the switch block has anything to do with it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts