Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the everyones riding style is on right turn lane splitting?
Once I split up the right hand turn lane up the the red light. I was sitting right next to a mid sized sedan blocking the drivers left view, so I know that he saw me. When it was clear left I went to go. The stupid driver went too and pushed me out into another lane and almost killed me. SInce then I have stopped splitting the 'right on red' turn lanes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dude, I get morons in cages all of the time splitting lanes wiht ME! I'll be behind a cage at a stop light and normally I stop on either side of the car and a bout 2-3 car lenghts back. Well cagers just love to stop right next to me, I look over and I'm like "WFT is your problem"?

Thus, I don't have to split lanes the morons do it for me.
Moving in traffic however I refrain from lane splitting as people are far too stupid to be trusted.

C

·
0 Posts
Lane splitting is illegal in NJ which pisses me off sometimes, but it is probably better that it is because that could be very dangerous. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I do it all the time here in NY.. I just did it this morning. Just don't go fast when splitting lanes, because you will never know when someone is not paying attention. And I tend to revvvvv my exhaust a lot when going through. One time I honked my way through .. for about 4 miles. it was on and off honking. Made sure they heard me.. A lot of them moved aside..

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Whenever I do such things I am careful about where I expect them to go. If I was in your situation I would have either gotten far enough in front of the car to block their forward motion or gotten behind them since I knew they'd be turning. You cant trust a cage to make any concessions for motorcyclists.

Just be careful out there and anticipate the worst.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Why in hell would you split a right on red lane????? Your just asking to be run into the oncoming lane by the cager, its just human nature for them to get pissed at you when you pull up and block their view for their own right turn. There`s just some things you shouldn`t do in traffic on a bike.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
well said mtc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts