Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased my rr from a friend of a friend, and everything seems to be great, except a minor issue i have noticed:

First of all the bike has an integrated tail light, as well as flush mount turn signals which were wired by the previous owner.

The issue is that if I initiate my Right turn signal, the signals turn solid instead of flash.(even the indicator light on the dash is solid) its almost like a super fast pulse so it looks solid, seems like a relay issue of some sort, BUT
the weird part about it is that if I initiate my Left turn signal, then switch to the right, it will then work fine. but if i clear and wait a few seconds, then try to start with right signals they go solid again :S

for now i just turn the left signal on before the right, but this is annoying and can be confusing somewhat to other drivers. any ideas of issues would be great.

I'm Pretty sure they are both tripage parts, but am not positive on that

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Check the wiring for the right side, chances are that a load resistor in there has failed or the wiring is dodgy and it's just gone open circuit.

Either that or get an LED flasher...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nico, im gonna have to take the fairings off i guess and check out whats going on. theres a Ballast for an HID installed on the right side too, so i have a feeling that might be causing the issue or contributing, not sure untill i see how he wired it.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Flasher relay is the culprit. This happened on my 04 before I swapped it. It's on it's way out. 07-12 it's under your driver seat kickstand side of the battery tray.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the late reply, been insanely busy lately, but thank you tripage for the Amazing support!

·
Registered
354 Posts
So I recently purchased my rr from a friend of a friend, and everything seems to be great, except a minor issue i have noticed:

First of all the bike has an integrated tail light, as well as flush mount turn signals which were wired by the previous owner.

The issue is that if I initiate my Right turn signal, the signals turn solid instead of flash.(even the indicator light on the dash is solid) its almost like a super fast pulse so it looks solid, seems like a relay issue of some sort, BUT
the weird part about it is that if I initiate my Left turn signal, then switch to the right, it will then work fine. but if i clear and wait a few seconds, then try to start with right signals they go solid again :S

for now i just turn the left signal on before the right, but this is annoying and can be confusing somewhat to other drivers. any ideas of issues would be great.

I'm Pretty sure they are both tripage parts, but am not positive on that
Same issue on my 06. Exactly the same issue in fact. I'm going to try to look into a relay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts