Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin for blue precurved, non-reflective rim tape, the kind with no applicator. any suggestions on where to buy?

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
check ebay

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Isn't the non pre curved the same as pinstriping you can get at autozone for $3 and not 15 on ebay?
Yeaah same stuff. But, its a little more difficult to make it PERFECT. But they way i look at it, its all the same when your goin fast...

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
i've tried 3 different kinds of rim tape. I can tell you without a doubt that the best by far is the tapeworks stuff. The problems I had applying some of the other kinds were that they didn't stretch very well to make the curve. I'd get it on and then days later it would shrink a little and start getting ripples in it. The edges were not cut well either and would start to peel a little. It was also impossible to remove as it would get hard and brittle quickly.

The tapeworks stuff is very flexible, sticks very well, curves very easy, is really easy to apply, is cut very clean and is superior in quality of the vinyl. also it has a top clear "carrier" tape that you use to apply it. Then you peel it off after getting it on and smoothing it out.

It's a bit more expensive, but after re-striping my bike 2 times and my wife's bike once, I'll never use anything else. Those are hours of work that I will never get back.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts