Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
please visit Moto GP dot com for the news. or click

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/163015/1/moto2_shoya_tomizawa_dies_of_misano_injuries.html

I ask you guys to say a little prayer for his family. When I saw the crash on SPEED earlier, I was speechless....thought of Craig Jones immediately.

I'm crushed. I can just imagine how Alex De Angelis feels. He had absolutely NO WAY to avoid hitting the 19-yr old. Poor guy must be in tears, as I'm sure Andrew Pitt was when Jonesy died in 08 at Brands Hatch.

Damn. And then there was a red flag crash at Nurburgring for the WSBK Race. WTF!!

tribute video: let's take a little bit to remember young Shoya's accomplishments and highlights. so full of talent.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
It's been a bad week for motorcycle racing.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Sure is man. I'd be shocked if the media doesn't capatilize on this one too. Who knows, maybe they won't, on account there is video of the accident, where as with Peter, they were pretty much free to set the scene how they wanted for their story.

Rest in peace Shoya and god speed...

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Sure is man. I'd be shocked if the media doesn't capatilize on this one too. Who knows, maybe they won't, on account there is video of the accident, where as with Peter, they were pretty much free to set the scene how they wanted for their story.

I doubt they will. It happened in Europe and the rider was 19 so they don't care.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Should have been a red flag!! I know it probably didn't matter but they should have taken there time to load him up and cart him off. I saw one of the guys drop his end of the stretcher while taking him off the track!! Seemed like they just cared about keeping the race going. Terrible marshaling imo, So sad RIP

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

For what ?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
For what ?
Well... Shoya was 19 yrs old. Granted, an adult... though still a teen. You gonna tell me the media doesn't grasp at straws sometimes?

D

·
0 Posts
When I saw the corner workers/medics just throw Redding and Tomizawa on the stretcher, then nearly drop Tomizawa, all I could think about was Kato at Suzuka.

This year has been hell for our sport.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he's referring to the young 13-yr old USGP Rookie Peter Lenz who died at Indy.
the "debate" is the "how young is too young?" question that's being asked in the media.

D

·
0 Posts
I know what he's talking about. But thats never gonna happen. I don't think mainstream media is taking it that serious.
No one thinks they're going to ban racing, but what the news likes to do is cause an uproar over absolutely nothing. I wouldn't put it past them to take the news of Tomizawa to push their own agendas of causing more "how young is too young" debates. It does nothing but harm to this sport.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
No one thinks they're going to ban racing, but what the news likes to do is cause an uproar over absolutely nothing. I wouldn't put it past them to take the news of Tomizawa to push their own agendas of causing more "how young is too young" debates. It does nothing but harm to this sport.
Today won't help there cause, unless there are trying to ban racing all together. This was a 19 year old adult, who has an really high skill level. THe only comparison you can say is racing is dangerous at any level.

I edited my post cause I don't want to get into this in a RIP thread. So I'll leave it at this.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I regret having watched the crash....May he rest in peace...

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
When I saw the corner workers/medics just throw Redding and Tomizawa on the stretcher, then nearly drop Tomizawa, all I could think about was Kato at Suzuka.

This year has been hell for our sport.
:+1:
Terrible news :(

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I'm so gutted, horrible tragedy. RIP Shoya-san

1 - 20 of 63 Posts