Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Rizoma Zero-11 front turn signals with Tripage IT
- Rizoma turn signals installed with both resistors per turn signal that was included
- HID's off
- Installed Rizoma using the green wire as ground and blue wire as power. Did not use the blue wire with white stripe as it's for the running light from what I've read.

While riding and having the turn indicator selected (left or right), it blinks at a normal rate. At a stop, blink rate would be normal then becomes faster. Changed the blink style/rate setting on Tripage IT but it still occurs. Any ideas?

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
If your using the Rizomas for turn signals, it should not have anything to do with the IT taillight. The wiring from the bike turn signals should be going to the resistors and then to Rizomas.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Pm tripage he will have the solution for your issue do you have an after market
turn signal relay installed or not ?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your using the Rizomas for turn signals, it should not have anything to do with the IT taillight. The wiring from the bike turn signals should be going to the resistors and then to Rizomas.
Correct. That's how I have the Rizoma's currently wired. I'm just baffled on why it would blink normal when the battery is under load, assuming it's under load during riding compared to when it's idle. Since the IT has variable settings I thought it would affect the blink rate in the front.

Pm tripage he will have the solution for your issue do you have an after market
turn signal relay installed or not ?
Thanks Moeman. I have not installed an after market turn signal relay. Since the Rizoma came with (2) resistors per turn signal, I figured that it would keep them both at a normal blink rate without the need of replacing the OEM relay. I'll send a message to Tripage.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Correct. That's how I have the Rizoma's currently wired. I'm just baffled on why it would blink normal when the battery is under load, assuming it's under load during riding compared to when it's idle. Since the IT has variable settings I thought it would affect the blink rate in the front.

Thanks Moeman. I have not installed an after market turn signal relay. Since the Rizoma came with (2) resistors per turn signal, I figured that it would keep them both at a normal blink rate without the need of replacing the OEM relay. I'll send a message to Tripage.
That is true if your tail light was the OEM tail light but since you have IT
the oem relay can not handle the load that would enable it to produce the correct resistance T will hook you up :banger:

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
The increase in blink rate is due to the increase in RPM and the subsequent increase in stator voltage.

If its night time, turn your high beam on and rev the bike a little and you will see the light get brighter, same reason as your indicators speed up - and also a good thing as this tells you that your stator and r/r are working correctly.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The increase in blink rate is due to the increase in RPM and the subsequent increase in stator voltage.

If its night time, turn your high beam on and rev the bike a little and you will see the light get brighter, same reason as your indicators speed up - and also a good thing as this tells you that your stator and r/r are working correctly.
Thanks for the input and I understand the logic but it's actually doing the opposite. The increased blink rate occurs during idle RPM. It's during normal riding conditions/higher RPM's that the blink rate is slower/normal.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Thanks for the input and I understand the logic but it's actually doing the opposite. The increased blink rate occurs during idle RPM. It's during normal riding conditions/higher RPM's that the blink rate is slower/normal.
Then your relay has been designed differently, same reason though. It depends on which side of the two transistor flip flop you pull the output from as to what effect differing voltages have.

Close to the schematic of an LED relay (only a couple of things different):

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
FWIW I have protons up front and a rizoma Fender kit in the rear with Zeros as the turn signals. I notice the same eratic blinking even at idle. It seems to go in a cycle. Both the protons and zeros are blinking at the same time. Bothered me at first but I realized you dont really notice it unless you are looking for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts