Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got aboard a friends new R6 today fitted w/ race tires.......spent a short time in the canyons where I usually ride and came away with these thoughts; feels lighter (because it is), turns quicker but doesn't feel as planted. A good bike to be sure but I'm glad I have the RR! Stablity, at least to me is the key to confidence at high speeds :D

_______RED RR_______
Vinci carbon fiber exhaust
Galfer SS lines
Tomahawk sport-black
Motul E-Tech 100% synthetic
OEM seat cowl

·
Registered
52 Posts
i rode my friends r6 also. i like the fact i could plant my feet flat on the ground but i hate the steering it feels so loose. but then again he said my steering is to tight. who knows overall i think its a nice bike but i still like my cbr better.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
yeah... i've also ridden my friends 03 R6 and it feels lighter than the RR but i felt like it doesnt handle as well as the RR... It is in fact lighter but I feel more stable with the RR especially in some tight turns...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Every sports bike is a good bike, I own the RR, but the GSXR is one of the finest, the ZX6-R is underated, and the R6 is fantastic, I turned each one down for one reason or another, the R6 specifically because my legs don't fit in the tank beacuse it is so small. But don't get me wrong, the RR is the cats ass!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
R6 is a great bike, do doubt. Twitchiness can be addressed by switching to 70-profile tires, at the cost of slightly slower steering.

I hear ya on the stability = confidence point though. The RR is a porker, but that contributes to the stability. Since I'm nearly 200 lbs, muscling the bike around is pretty easy.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I almost bought an R6 but went for an F4i instead. I find the CBR's more forgiving. Love my RR and would never consider the Yammi now. OK, maybe the R1 :bounce:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got used to the weight of the 600rr, when I got on the r6, I pulled it as if I was gonna pull the 600rr. Luckily I did not put it down on the other side.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Could be wrong here but isn't the weigh difference easily made up just by switching exhaust on the RR and then maybe like a 520 conversion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts