Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any forum members gonna be out there?? my buddy and i are signed up, finally get to do the one track i've wanted to do for a long time :five:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wish I could go. I go to WI to visit once a year but alas no bike to ride there. Post up after you get back and let us know how it was. Also if you could ask around if theres a place that rents sportbikes to ride at the track. THX

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could go. I go to WI to visit once a year but alas no bike to ride there. Post up after you get back and let us know how it was. Also if you could ask around if theres a place that rents sportbikes to ride at the track. THX
will do, i thinking of taking the video camera to record, haven't decided yet, but it is a $200 day so i may want to savor that moment :toothy4:

·
Registered
89 Posts
any forum members gonna be out there?? my buddy and i are signed up, finally get to do the one track i've wanted to do for a long time :five:
Yep. I'll be there both Monday and Tuesday in Intermediate. Was there for the for the STT days after the AMA races in June. Amazing track. Pic attached. Great coach named Bill following me. He's riding a very cool 1000RR with a custom Freddie Spencer paint job. Look for him and get some pointers.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet, my bike number is 21 and i'll be with a buddy that has a 09 zx6r w/ a blue topped ez-up tent ;) name is jeff btw and my RR is orange

·
Registered
11 Posts
yep gonna be there mon and tues. weather can't be much worse than june track days there...it rained all first day and was cold and cloudy the second. so far weather report looks decent.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea its a 30% chance so far, i don't pay much attn till the day before

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what a hell of a day!! rain stayed away till after i loaded everything up and was done thanking the coaches that helped me out through the day. here is a video of what i took

·
Registered
247 Posts
Glad you had a great day, with the weather and all. Is that K rails (cement road dividers) on the sides of the track? I guess there on a straight where it gets narrow, but still. How fast are you going on the other straight up the hill? Looks like your tapped out on RPM.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you had a great day, with the weather and all. Is that K rails (cement road dividers) on the sides of the track? I guess there on a straight where it gets narrow, but still. How fast are you going on the other straight up the hill? Looks like your tapped out on RPM.
are you talking about the second straight?? and i really didn't pay much attention to speed but had i got the right drive out of turn 14 i would have clicked 6th easily, but majority of the time it was 5th gear topped out. that was my second ever track day so i'm still learning the whole ordeal of when to hit the brakes and how late i can do it, so i was a bit hesitant to click 6th. i'm gonna do that track again possibly this year if there is anymore left or next year for sure. The camera made it so i couldn't tuck under the screen also, so that kinda sucked, i'm going to look into a new mount or possibly a go pro (but their recording quality sucks compared to the camera i have)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hear ya on the camera thing, but I bought a $380 camera that I had mounted and secured with a clamp mount and velcro strap around it to the side of my fairings and wouldnt you know, the second time using it oops down on camera side of bike. I got a Gopro video up and its not anywhere near your quality. BTW you look good for 2nd time on track.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya on the camera thing, but I bought a $380 camera that I had mounted and secured with a clamp mount and velcro strap around it to the side of my fairings and wouldnt you know, the second time using it oops down on camera side of bike. I got a Gopro video up and its not anywhere near your quality. BTW you look good for 2nd time on track.
thanks i appreciate it, i've been riding for ten years now and it was a VERY humbling experience, you find out just how much you DON'T know about riding when you do them, now i'm addicted, don't care to ride on the street lol. I'm also doing another trackday on the 9th of august at "gingerman race park" in michigan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts