Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That tracked look scarry as piss when the AMA guys were there...! Good luck brutha!

·
Registered
99 Posts
RA is a decent track. It is *very* fast. If you have the courage, you can do 160+ down the back stretch. But you better know how to use the brakes because turn 10 is at the end of that back stretch and it is a 90 degree left, followed by a 90 degree right. Turn 7 is an ice rink if there is the slightest bit of moisture on the ground so be careful, especially in the morning. I have not riden it with the added chicane.
NESBA is an ok organization, in fact that is who I did RA last time with. I personally think they are a little too uptight about controlling the track compared to STT or some of the others I have riden with but I still had a blast.
If I come out of my Jennings weekend Oct 29, I might go to RA if there are still any spots left. Just depends on my condition and the condition of the bike and wallet.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hell yeah, brutha, I'll be there. And I'm actually old enough to have been able to race there when the cavity was still at the end of the back straight. Quite an experience, I feel bad for those who will never get to ride it. But yeah, FAST as a mo fo', which is why I'm excited. Finally, some corners I can rail and some straights to catch my breath. You will leave with a MUCH clearer understanding of what a race track should be... similar to what I hear about Barber although I still haven't been there. Both chicanes will be new to me so I guess I'll have a bit of a learning curve.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Barber is awesome. You really must do a day there sometime. It is fast and techincal with some nice elevation changes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
http://www.nesba.com is where you signup. http://www.roadatlanta.com is for RA.
You have to join NESBA to ride the whole day which is $75 plus the track day fee. You can do the Novice course which I think runs until lunch to see if you want to do the rest of the day, but then you have to join to stay the rest of the day. The $75 fee is for a year membership.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I went last year with NESBA, my plans of going this year were broken with my collerbone. I really liked RA was looking foward to this year too. If you go you won't regret it.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
i loved RA when I went. unfortunately day one was spent learning the track during damp conditions and day two we got one session and the skys opened up and we went home....I hope to make the Nov dates

·
What ever its supposed to be....
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can do 160+ down the back stretch. But you better know how to use the brakes because turn 10 is at the end of that back stretch and it is a 90 degree left, followed by a 90 degree right.
Close eyes and squeeze really hard right?

But yeah, FAST as a mo fo', which is why I'm excited. Finally, some corners I can rail and some straights to catch my breath. You will leave with a MUCH clearer understanding of what a race track should be
***giggling like a cubscout eating his first brownie*** Gives me the goose bumps!! Hope to see you all there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd recommend keeping your eyes open, but to each their own :) But yes, squeezing hard could be useful. Generally, I recommend turning when you get to the turn too, otherwise it generally doesn't work out too well :D
To quote Ed Bargy: "What do you do when you get to a turn?.......TURN!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts