Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of the track days I've done this year I don't think I've met anyone from the forum except MuffinMan at the Vortex. Anyone hitting up the NESBA Road Atlanta days Nov 19th & 20th? I'm a local so def. down to share some beers in the paddock after long days running track. Plus, if there are any regular racer/track day goers I'm always in search of some advice running the track since I've only had two days at Road Atlanta, one of them having pored rain all day.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'll be there. You'll be able to find me by looking for the exhausted guy pushing a high-maintainance R1 around the paddock and most likely taking a few trips in the crash truck from multiple breakdowns.

Nothing like being postive ! :)

I haven't been to Road A since they took out gravity cavity so I won't be much help on the line. I'm sure you still need to stay on line through the esses though, very slippery off-line.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool man - I'll keep an eye out for you. Last time I rode Road Atl they had the chicane in for the AMA race - pretty rough. I never got a chance to ride with Gravity Cavity still in place (probably for the best.) I take it you're riding advanced class? I'm still stuck in intermediate.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
hmm... i might have to drive out there on Sunday and chill with you guys a bit. won't have the bike, but i can be a pit bitch for a little bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am going Sunday with some friends from here.

By the way if some1 is register for Saturday & is on the "Begginer" group & decides not to go. please let me know i will buy the spot from you.
Contact me @ (678) 768 1128 or toll free @ 888 855 7919 Ex: 318
You can also E-mail me @ [email protected].

I will c u guys there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Since this is sold out now and I could sign up until after this weekend, maybe I will just ride up and spectate. There are a bunch of folks from around my area that are riding Saturday.

·
Registered
799 Posts
gbord said:
What's the word on camping? Can we stay at the track? Anyone know of somewhere close to stay?

I think Road A is built around camping. That infield is massive and I'm almost certain you can camp there. According to the website camping is available at all races, but it doesn't mention track days. If not here's their link to accomodations, although I recognize a couple as being fairly far from the track (20+ miles). See ya there.

http://www.roadatlanta.com/accom.lasso

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd call nesba and ask them about the camping. Don't know since I live only 45 mins away. I'd offer a place to crash but I my roomate (not I) owns the place and is pretty anal - sorry guys, but I look forward to seeing everyone there. I'll be on an 03RR driving a white Isuzu rodeo. Anyone interested in an early drink on friday or grabbing beers saturday night PM me.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
gbord said:
Okay, so camping is a go, and a trailer drop starting at 5:00pm on Friday. I hope to leave work early on Friday and get there between 5:30 and 6. See you there!
yeah, I'm sure THAT will be hard for you to do... :icon_roll

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
if only it wasn't 15 hours each way...
if only i wasn't unemployed...
if only i could get my wife to believe I was going on $100,000 a year job interview (with my trailer and bike)

·
Registered
467 Posts
BigTuna said:
if only i could get my wife to believe I was going on $100,000 a year job interview (with my trailer and bike)
I'll vouche for ya on this one if you think it'll help . . . .

·
Registered
95 Posts
We're coming down from Chicago. My son rides "A" both days and I'm "B" only Sunday. I too would buy a Saturday spot.
We had a tough time 3 weeks ago getting hotel room. Too many football games. Camping is OK at the track though.
black RR 919 on front............kinda like my avatar.LOL

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
gbord said:
Hakuna matata, man Hakuna matata. I'll just sleep on my tire warmers! Whatever it takes. It would be nice if it warms up a little more during the day than predicted, but it looks like it will be a sunny weekend!
hey greg, you're welcome to use my tent....OH WAIT, nevermind

1 - 20 of 35 Posts