Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this article in my favourite Aussie bike mag. Hope it isnt a repost. But if it does happen i will be lining up outside to get one.

"Patent documents filed by Honda Motor Corporation have provided the strongest hint yet that the MotoGP RC-V may be headed for the road.
The drawings lodged along with the patent applications show that a road-going version is on the cards, with elements such as a sidestand, number plate holder and cooling fan included in the designs.
As these drawings show( will try and scan the pics up), provision is also being made for a pillion seat, and a revised battery position.
Honda is, naturally tight-lipped about whether or not the plans will ever see the light of day. However, the rumour from Japan is the V5 is production-ready.
While the jury is still out on whether the RC-V would be a marketable superbike or mega-expensive folly, the plans show that honda is definately thinking about giving it a go".

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
damn, i wonder if the new 600RR will be a V5... OMG that will prolly most likely not happen but man.. just imagine a V5 600... Game over

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they release a production V5, the technology that has worked so well for them in MotoGP, will then transfer over to Superbikes aswell. Im thinking Honda is going to come out with something special, and if there is a production ready V5, why not?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
yup... they need to step it up. as of 06... suzuki has come the strongest thus far. but in the end... honda never loses... they just have too much $$, too much history, too much engineering... and too much pride.

·
Registered
780 Posts
V5 = :love10:

and i could see it happening...since GP is going to 800cc the RCV's time is up and they will have a new prototype bike thats gonna be even more bad ass...and time for the RCV technology to trickle down to us everyday peeps...i mean come on now, in the end all that money and resource put into R & D is so they can make MONEY selling what they came up with

word

·
Registered
371 Posts
Im guessing they would put it into their flagship.

So that means either the 1000rr or the RC-51. I couldnt see Honda making their 600cc bike a techno-marvel, without making the 1000cc bike one as well...

Or mabye they will do them both as v5's! :hump:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I think would still ahve to buy it, honda BETTER not make it a limited/exclusively expensive bike. I don't mind 10k for the newest bike, but paying beyone 15k for a bike is rediculous (even if they are very droolworthy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Its not uncommon for companies to patent Concepts. Ford does it everyday. Every new R&D part, motor, wheel, radio knob, and finished product is filed for. I see this as normal not as anything to excited about. But come'on HONDA replace the fat big RC51 with somthing.

RC-V=Racing Concept-V motor

The 600rr is the best selling HONDA sportbike. Any changes that will come down the pipe will on it first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts