Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am leaving Modesto Cal, and heading to Utah..765.08 miles and Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 44 minutes anything i should prepare to the bike before i go out...other then my ass will be in major pain?? If u guys were to guess how many times do u think i will be filling up the tank?

·
Registered
326 Posts
You'll need to take a good 15 to 20 min break at every gas stop including the first one 'cause you will pay later if you don't.

Oh yeah and i hope you're not coming back for awhile. You'll need some healin' time.

You can make better time than that. Besides you'll be alot more comfortable with the wind holding you up @ 80-90 mph. Don't know how the radar is down there but the bike will hate you for going that slow :lol2:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Plenty of fluids and rest for you and the bike. I'd stop at max every 100 miles. You'd prolly fill up 6-7 times. Every stop you need to stretch your legs. You will definitely feel the pain on your neck and wrists. Change your posture frequently, shifting left or right while the bike treks along the road if you can... Take twisting highways like 88-89 so that your body does not get tired while maintaining the same posture. I've commuted as far as Sacramento from San Jose, I personally do not like highway riding... just too boring, makes me sleepy. Good luck.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i jsut rode from colorado to utah this past weekend. i had a camel back(the backpacks that have water) and that was a must have. other then that, when you are speeding, keep an eye out for cops. i was lucky not to run into any when i hit a buck sixty. upon your return. you will not have a rear tire anymore. well at least a huuuge flat spot. and dont cruze above 125 for to long because the rear starts to blister in the middle. havea good time and have nice cold 40 waiting for you when you get there. p.s. there are tons of 600rr in utah.
check air pressure, break level, tires, oil, ailignments. good luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
brodric33 said:
i jsut rode from colorado to utah this past weekend. i had a camel back(the backpacks that have water) and that was a must have. other then that, when you are speeding, keep an eye out for cops. i was lucky not to run into any when i hit a buck sixty. upon your return. you will not have a rear tire anymore. well at least a huuuge flat spot. and dont cruze above 125 for to long because the rear starts to blister in the middle. havea good time and have nice cold 40 waiting for you when you get there. p.s. there are tons of 600rr in utah.
check air pressure, break level, tires, oil, ailignments. good luck

Wow really? Ive been loosely thinking about taking a 10 hour trip on my new bike... i didnt think about tires doing that... thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
223 Posts
What's an EZ Leaker? Sounds like a pisser.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts