Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all the roadtrip talk in the other thread made me go back and look at some of my past roadtrip pictures. Figured I'd post a few of them up here too. This is the first really long roadtrip I did.... 18 days back on May 12, 2006. Some may have seen them before as they've been posted on other forums before, but for those that haven't... enjoy!

======================================================
(copy/paste from previously posted thread)

Well I figured I'd post these up here as well, just to show what most of my free time is spent doing. Anyways, this was back on the 12th of May, 2006. I loaded my bike down with luggage and hit the road on an 18 day adventure, which took me for 5126.3 miles, and through 10 states. Believe it or not this handful of pictures are only a few from the 376 that I took. Of course I couldn't post them all so I just picked out a few from different places along the way, and then all the rest of them are in an album, which the link is at the bottom.

Enjoy! :)

Ok where do I start... Oh yea, at the beginning!
Friday May 12th, at my dads house in south Florida. Bike all packed and ready to go!

Rt. 129 in NC... I'm excited as this is my first time up in the mountains on the bike

Some guy riding by on a bicycle saw me taking pics and offered to take mine

Met up with all my SoFla peeps at Fontana Village Resort. They had done a trackday at Barber the weekend prior

Overlook at the top of the Dragon

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I think this was along Foothills Parkway somewhere

Top of Cherohala Skyway... it was COOOLLLDDD!!! 42 degrees here, on and off rain, and in the middle of a cloud

Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, Cheseapeake, VA

The next little "island" in the background is the continuation of the bridge, connected to the one I'm standing on by an underwater mile long tunnel right underneath where that big boat is about to go over. Pretty cool to ride through!

Met up with Travis from my Accord forum in Hampton, VA

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overlook right at the VA/WV state line

Went and saw my friend Joe in Columbus, OH

Then went and saw my mom up by Chicago, IL

Went and had breakfast with some old family friends out in north central IL

Then down to see my sister and her husband in central IL

Then met up with Fred from cbrforum.com in southern IL

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Top of Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, TN

Then met up with Saba from cbrworld.net in Atlanta, GA

Finally home at last

5,126.3 miles later....

And last but not least... my official Dragon keychains!

For all the rest of the pictures, click the link below for the album. Note: you do NOT need to have a user ID or password, just click the picture and it'll go into the slideshow.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=rcr8ryu.b857kh2&x=0&y=-sfaurn

I can't wait to do another trip like this! I'd love to do a cross country trip all the way to Hwy. 1 in Cali, but this damn going to work thing 5 days a week keeps getting in the way of my fun, hahah. In the meantime, weekend trips will have to do! Don't forget to check out the kodak gallery link above too, lots more pics
=============================================================

·
Registered
741 Posts
how do ya like Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel??? the view is sooo lovely ... i love it everytime i get a chance to ride there =) ... btw .. awsome pictures

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Dude that looks like an absolutely amazing journey! That's a heck of a lota miles too :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow thats alot of miles! Great pics. looks like you had alot of fun.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, over 5k miles. My butt hurts after 250 miles. That's awesome though. Looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
thanks for sharing.
some day im gonna ride across the country, but i would rather do it on a VFR i think.

the Chesapeake tunnel is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how do ya like Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel??? the view is sooo lovely ... i love it everytime i get a chance to ride there =) ... btw .. awsome pictures
Thanks! I thought it was really cool! I've got a weird obsession with cool bridges and tunnels alike (don't ask, lol). I rode from Deals Gap all the way across VA to the beach specifically to go across this bridge... I'd been wanting to go there for quite awhile to see it. Really cool going through the tunnels though! I just wish I would have known to show my receipt on the way back across and it only would have been $5.... I paid the full $12 both times... DOH! Oh well...

man that looked like a lot of fun! thanks for sharing! Ya Columbus, OH!!
Yea the trip was freakin awesome! This was my first really long multi-day ( or multi-week) roadtrip, and I loved every minute of it. But speaking of Columbus, OH.... after visiting my buddy there and getting some lunch, I head out to make my way across Indiana and over to Illinois. I'm on Refugee Rd going to get back on the highway, come up to a red light and stop, and some freakin D-bag cager behind me apparently forgot that you're supposed to stop at a red light, and he comes up screeching behind me and came waaaaaay to close to hitting me. Scared the s**t out of me!!

thanks for sharing.
some day im gonna ride across the country, but i would rather do it on a VFR i think.

the Chesapeake tunnel is pretty cool too.
I plan on heading cross country one of these days when I have enough $$$ and vacation time to do such a trip. A buddy of mine just left today from Atlanta, GA headed to California.... on his CBR 954RR :tard: I was kinda jealous... I wanted to go too

nice work man...ironbutt winnar!
Thanks! I did do an actual ironbutt ride back in Jan '07.... Saddlesore 1000 (1000 miles in 24 hours). Myself and two other friends (one on a '98 CBR 600 F3 and the other on an '04 CBR 1000RR) rode from south Florida to Albany, GA and back.... a little over 1100 miles in 22 hours. Man were we tired when we got back!!

Thanks again everyone for all the compliments!! Glad you all enjoyed :icon_lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts