Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man I got a chance to ride 636 for a fair amount of time yesterday, and it only had 70 miles on it. Man it is a comfy bike, my only bitch was the windscreen sitting so low that it blocked the view of the gauges. And it seemed a bit more quicker. But my rr handels a bit better IMHO, overall Nice bike!!!

anybody ride one yet?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I Didnt Ride That One Yet But Tossing It Around Side To Side ...its Waaaay Lighter....our 600rr's Are Fridges Compared To Those Things.

·
Registered
351 Posts
That was the bike I was originally going to get 636 in Red/Orange or whatever color theycall it.
It's def. faster than the RR. I drove both 05's.
but I owned a 03RR so I just couldn't get away from it and picked up an 05
but if I did not own an RR before i probably would have gone with the 636

H

·
0 Posts
i rode an 04 636... it was a nice ride... not bad.. felt really light and had nice throttle response....

·
Registered
128 Posts
well i would hope it would be faster..... its a bigger motor... if it wasnt then there would be something wrong. i think the rr looks way better though. plus its a realiable honda. i had a kawi before and it was nothing but problems!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Amazingly fast, rode an 03 and it kept up within a couple lengths against my buddy's 02 gix 750. Only problem is i think the front ends on them are butt ugly, couldn't ever see myself riding one. Wasn't a fan of the digital tach either but i will say kawi definetly stepped up their game.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm curious how much better the slipper clutch is on the bike. I really wish that honda would incorporate it, and for the same price.

N

·
0 Posts
But I heard you can't race the 636 in the 600 class because it's bigger than the other 600cc's out there...duh!

·
Registered
729 Posts
i drove one, i liked the seat...the stock exhaust sounds bad, mopedish... but the windscreen didnt block the view for me though... the throttle was smoother, the steering felt looser... i kinda like the looks but i could have bought any bike ( including the 636) and i bought my RR cause i think its the best lookin bike out by far.
:rocker:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
hehe, i couldn't care less about racing... there's no limit on the street.

I just dont like kawi's at all...

N

·
0 Posts
ME2 said:
hehe, i couldn't care less about racing... there's no limit on the street.

I just dont like kawi's at all...
Yeah, just like I don't care so much about going in a straight line...what a waste....LMAO!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
oh i completely agree... I simply don't have tracks in my area or else I'd spend my time there

but i am still curious about the stock slipper clutch

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
A friend of mine has an 03 636. I rode it a few months before buying my RR so didn't really get a direct comparo between the two. I like the looks of the Kawi but nothing beats the RR.

·
Registered
907 Posts
ride with a guy all the time with an 03. He has a exhaust and pcIII on his. He asked if he could take my bike for a quick ride so i started his up and took it out really quick while he was on mine. My first impression is it sounds diesel compared to our almost but was VERY comfortable. It also feels a little more powerful than ours, maybe just more torque-y It's a nice bike but I would take the 600rr anyday over that. He came back and was really impressed with the throttle response of the RR

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
zymurguy said:
I was looking at the Kawa' website, what's the diff between the R and the RR (besides displacement)???
The RR is limited production so that Kaw can make the required number so they can legally race in AMA Supesport 600 class. The R is the 636cc bike that came from the 2002 ZX6 that was their race machine at the time. The motor for 03 and 04 was the same just bored out the extra 37cc. They have been problematic engines. I friend broke one down and said the #1 crankrod is a bit too long. You would've think they'd fix that in 2 years, but they obviously didn't cause I've seen catastrophic engine damage on 03-04 models. Kawasaki was paying for the local shops to rebuild the motor 1 time only during the 1st year of ownership.
The '05 bike is totally different, and if it weren't for my lack of trust......
I read a guy's website about a complaint with his 05' motor blowing up the same way. His complaint is that he wanted Kawasaki to extend his warranty, which they weren't willing to do. Sorry don't have a link.
In closing, I will say that it is really beautiful and cannot be compared to the 03-04. Looks like Kawasaki came to play this year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts