Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I helped my buddy trade his 01 Yamaha SRX 700 snowmobile for a 1990 ZX11 motorcycle yesterday.

We got it home and after going over a few things I took it for a test drive as his permit expired and he hasn't ridden in 5-6 years. For such a big heavy bike, it rode really nice and the power was impressive. I didn't really get into it but I did a couple short blasts.

Makes me itch for a more powerful bike, but I have to remind myself there is no need for that kind of power.

I actually felt more comfortable on his ZX11 than I do my 09 600rr. Oh well!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I helped my buddy trade his 01 Yamaha SRX 700 snowmobile for a 1990 ZX11 motorcycle yesterday.

We got it home and after going over a few things I took it for a test drive as his permit expired and he hasn't ridden in 5-6 years. For such a big heavy bike, it rode really nice and the power was impressive. I didn't really get into it but I did a couple short blasts.

Makes me itch for a more powerful bike, but I have to remind myself there is no need for that kind of power.

I actually felt more comfortable on his ZX11 than I do my 09 600rr. Oh well!

The ZX-11 is a sport tourer, not sportbike. Less aggressive seating position is why you felt more comfortable.

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I had assumed since it was a touring bike that is why it was more comfortable.

The seat is light years more comfortable. :crackup:I need to do something about the seat on my bike, my ass cheeks hurt after a few miles down the road.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If I remember correctly, the concours took over duties from the ZX-11 and the ZZR fit some where in there too. Then there was the ZX-12. And then came the new ZX-14 followed by the Concours.

I actually like the ZX-11... almost bought the ZZR-1200 from same guy who sold me the 900 and almost bought the Concours (1400cc).

Very comfortable bikes for long distance and spirited canyon rides. Impressive bike in the right hands. :cruising:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was impressed with how comfortable it was, even being such a big huge bike. I know from reading stuff here that people talk that the new 1000 bikes are a big heavy machine.

I dunno, the old outdated ZX11 didn't feel all that heavy. It felt the same going down the road. I obviously felt the weight when stopped, but the bike felt extremely stable.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Not sure if I agree with 1K's...lol

My 900 feels obviously heavier than my 600. However when rolling, they feel pretty similar. Flickability (lol.. making up words I guess) goes to the 600. Hard to describe, though I feel like a kid on a BMX when I ride her..lol.

You'd be surprised at how much crap you can do on a HD Road King when she gets moving. Turns out being one of the most agile bikes in the fleet. I was plesantly surprised with regards to the lean angle too.

Peace,

Gabe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts