Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share the experience..

So basically my bike is currently off the road,since Im installing new fairings and a bunch of other parts.So one of my buddies who happens to have 2 bikes let me borrow his for the weekend ride.Its a K6 suzuki 1000cc while he was ripping his new hayabusa..i know,i know,suzuki and squids go hand in hand..I've got my flame suit on..

Moving on,first impressions,that bike is a bl**dy handfull,so much power all over the rpm band.You could leave the damn thing in 3rd and do your whole trip!No need to ever downshift or keep upshifting like the 600cc bikes.Anyways,we were out fooling around and everytime I gun in it 1st or 2nd,the front wheel goes vertical and so I cut down on the throttle to drop the front end and my mate on the 600rr shoots pass.So I kept short shifting into 3rd and that was good enough.I could haul ass and no 600 can keep up with the awesome top end of a 1000.I wonder how the guys on the litre bikes manage to accelerate quickly while keeping the front end down.On my 600rr,with the sprockets,the front end does come up,but only slightly.No need to let off throttle or anything,just keep hammering it..Any of you guys with litre bikes here,how do you manage to ride balls out in 1st or 2nd with the front wheel on the ground??Guess you hafta be really smooth on the throttle..

Anyways,was a nice ride.I would definetly prefer a litre bike for the road and commuting purposes as opposed to a 600.Much less shift work and lotsa torque all around.I must admit,i was kinda reluctant to hand back the keys..Sigh,i guess it time for the suzuki haters to start flaming.No worries,i've donned my flame resistant suit..flame on boys:toothy4:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lean all the way to the front... My friend has a fully stock (stock height) Kawasaki ZX10R except with a slip-on and that thing love to wheelie as well... I raced my friend with his 600 and by second gear I already pulled about 1-2 bikes on him, yes, 2nd gear! Note: his 600 keeps up with my CBR600 pretty well. Well I don't mind wheelies so that helps but try to give about 80% throttle in first gear, then second gear, go about 90% then third 100%. I usually just hit it and lean forward but I am tall so that helps.

I still preffer my 600 because its such a nice built machine, note, my CBR, I do not like the GSXR600. But yea, 1000 is nice and all but I am still enjoying my 600.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sometimes if you've got the rear shock settings where it can't squat right the torque goes right to the front, lifting wheel lifting as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mate who owns the bike had lowered the front thru the triple clamps.Said he wanted better turn-in,but states that lowering the front also helped curb the bike wheeling a lot..But when I was riding,he had raised the front end,so that was something freaky..Another dude whos got a litre bike doesnt use the whole of 1st gear.He shortshifts into 2nd by around 10ish rpm and then hammers it in 2nd all the way thru to 6th gear..Says that does the trick as well..

Oh well,just stick with my 600rr,launch hard and get a head start before the litre bike guys get into their stride and catch up

·
IS GHEY FOR PHATTY!!!
3,356 Posts
Sometimes if you've got the rear shock settings where it can't squat right the torque goes right to the front, lifting wheel lifting as well.
great point... when i had my bigger liter bikes rear wheel spin was mor of a problem for my... have to be really good with the rear brake to keep the front down... once u get it picked up off the apex and the revs go up u can let off the rear and shift... just takes practice... but yes it is easier to be quicker thought the turns on a 600... i love poser who pull up to ride on big bikes thinking that automatically makes the superior and the next thing they know i'm pulling 4-5 lengths of the apex while the struggle with spin and front in lift... 1000's are great for hauling ass on the freeway but it's a mental workout to control all the power on the back roads

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
eh...I just love 600s more. That's where the fun factor is. Yea, from a roll, the chances of a 600 being crushed by a 1000 are high but so what? My bike is still insanely fast enough for me. I just love the fit and feel of my bike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice comparison, it is a good first impression. I'm on my 2nd 600 and plan on trying out a liter bike next after riding a few over the years. I may come back to a 600 though, who knows? Beyond speed and acceleration the 600s have alot going for them up against a 1000.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The first liter bike I got to try out was a blast. R1 all decked out. PCIII, Full Yoshi x2, quick shift... etc etc..

Anyways this bike hauled ass. My biggest problem was rear tire spin. Keeping the front down was hard, but as someone else said you just have to play around with your rear brake. Just be careful not to slam it down to hard... :tard:

Ripped her up to 191mph and said... hmm I think the straight away is running out real fast... They are very addicting and if I could afford one I would have one over my 600. Then again I know I would miss my 600 for sure. Coners is were all the fun is and there is nothing like throwing a 600 down and out conering liter bikes because they thought CC's are the most important part of a bike. :wave:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
In a perfect world,I'd have a liter bike,a ducati 1098s and my rr to kick some liter bike a$$..With a liter bike,u tend to get a bit lazy i.e you dont hafta shift as much as in a 600.Just roll off and roll on.The power is very addicting and you might be compelled to get a liter bike,but at the end of the day,I feel more comfortable on my rr..But I would definitely get a liter bike when my finances allow it.then my rr would only serve track duty..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts