Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 r1. its gutless in the low rpms, feels like a 6 hundred but damn that rush of power at the top.

r1 has a very long 1st gear. my thoughts on the freeway is... "wow, i can downshift to 1st gear since im going less than 100."

the seat height is lower so i feel more confident. both the balls of my feet are touching as to the rr, if both of my feet are down on the ground.... id be on my tippie toes.

i do miss having a bigger motor sometimes. i had a 929 which had that pull down low and also had a 750 which had a great top end rush.

·
Registered
171 Posts
uh.... yea... if you can honestly say that an R1 is "gutless" :bitchslap: at any rpm then I believe you should be riding pro. Just an opinion.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you rode an 04 r1. if youve ridden one then you would know what im talking about. the torque is not there down low. that yami is known for its top end pull. sure its got some power to make the wheels move but it doesnt hit it hard until about 6k.

·
Registered
584 Posts
He is right, it is gutless on the bottom for a 1k, very. It has a bit more than a 600 but if you get on a GSXR, you will see a bottom end pull. The R1 is plain nasty up top though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
haha.. thinking of getting one? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Wun68 said:
uh.... yea... if you can honestly say that an R1 is "gutless" :bitchslap: at any rpm then I believe you should be riding pro. Just an opinion.
He didnt say at any RPM just down low.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The new bike is a lot different to ride than the older one. With the taller gearing you ride it like a 600, always keeping your revs high for the power. I can push it through the corners faster than the old just due to confidence that I'm not going to overpower the rear wheel as easily if I keep the revs lower.

·
Registered
171 Posts
s2ksleepy said:
have you rode an 04 r1. if youve ridden one then you would know what im talking about. the torque is not there down low. that yami is known for its top end pull. sure its got some power to make the wheels move but it doesnt hit it hard until about 6k.
no i havent rode one, just assuming that 1 liters are hard to keep down. I have a friend that has a gsxr1k with 178 to the wheel, and I rode that =) one word to describe that is "@$#@^$!#%#@"!!!!!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
With throttle control all these bikes are easy to ride. I agree with the down low assessment. And yes, it is gutless. A gearing change will help, but at lower RPMs, it will dazzle no one.

I have ridden the 03 and 04 back to back. The 04 has a smoother motor (+) and sits lower ((-) too low IMO)
The 03 gets to power seemingly faster, but the 04 kills it once you are there.
Both bikes nee geometry tweaking to gain confdence in the corners. I am sure with more seat time, I could be considerably faster on both bikes than I was.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I didn't realize it was shorter either.. that is interesting.. especially with these short legs I have attached to my hips...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts