Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my friends house today and we decided to run across town to check out this 04 R1 that was being painted. We get ready to leave, and he's like hey you wanna ride the Busa over there. I was like .... hell yea. So we traded up. Those bikes are so different than ours. especially being that i've never ridden any other street bike other than my RR. I started up the busa and gave it a quick little rev and was like damn.... this is gonna be fun. He had dual yosh pipes on it which have a real nice deep growl. The bike was pretty heavy but the weight was definately balanced well. It was pretty stable even at slow speed. We went down a few streets and i got used to where things were at. Then we turned onto a highway and i got to get on it a little bit. I was pretty cool always having this nice low end torque when you shifted. I can't even describe the clutch, it was so nice compared to mine. The seat was super comfy compared to ours and the tank is almost built for my knees to be there. It was definately fun and i recommend for anybody who gets a chance to hop on one and go for a ride.

All was done and i was glad to hop back on my RR, but it was cool to check out the ultimate squid bike!!! By the way, he loved the RR. kept saying how flic able?%@ the bike was. He couldn't get over how easy he could swing it around.

anyway, hope i didn't bore you!

·
Registered
127 Posts
did you notice how ugly the busa was? lol just kidding. the low end torque is why I like my 1000rr, though my 600rr is still a blast.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't gotten to see it yet but I meet a guy this weekend through a mutual friend. He's got a Busa that's been bored and had some head work done. Supposedly it's around 250HP. I know there's more powerful out there but still. I wouldn't ride it.

Now's he's debating on a nitrous bottle!

V

·
0 Posts
I used to ride my dad's busa around every once and a while and I never liked it. It just felt way too heavy and wide. It was a totally different feel from our RR's. It was quick as hell though and really smooth... ugly as **** though. ;-)

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
They say the Busa's are great in a strait line, suck in the corners. A friend of a friend has one and most the time he would rather drive his GSX-R 750, lucky bastard.

Jason

V

·
0 Posts
Well I dont think they suck in the corners... compared to a 600, sure they suck, but I have seen several videos of people hauling ass dragging knee around a track on those marshmellows.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't get me wrong... the Busa is no 600 SS bike when it comes to corners... but it handles them just fine (definitely better than you would think). Plus it's got more torque at 3300 rpm than the 1000RR makes ANYWHERE in the rev range. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, friends. ;-)

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
TireSmoke said:
Don't get me wrong... the Busa is no 600 SS bike when it comes to corners... but it handles them just fine (definitely better than you would think). Plus it's got more torque at 3300 rpm than the 1000RR makes ANYWHERE in the rev range. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, friends. ;-)
I really don't think the bike is that ugly myself, I'd take one if I could handle it. ;-)

Ahhhh someday, someday. :smile:

Jason

·
Registered
127 Posts
my guess for the 2 back wheels is to keep the front wheel down. I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you would have to be blind to think a Busa looks good :lol2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts