Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=10108

Kawasaki’s Roger Lee Hayden will get his first MotoGP experience with a ride on Kawasaki’s ZXRR on Monday afternoon at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit in Valencia, a team spokesman said Saturday morning.

On Monday at 3:00 p.m., Hayden will have half an hour to test one of the bikes ridden by either Randy de Puniet or Shinya Nakano. De Puniet was fastest for much of Friday’s afternoon practice session and will remain with the team in 2007. Nakano is expected to replace Makoto Tamada on the Konica Minolta Honda.

The ride will be Hayden’s first on a European MotoGP track and first on a MotoGP bike. It will also be his first time on Bridgestone tires.

The two days following Sunday’s season-ending Valencia GP are reserved for journalists and others to ride the 990cc MotoGP bikes, which will race for the final time on Sunday. Next year the 800cc rules come into effect.

Among the others taking part are Kevin Schwantz, who is scheduled to ride most if not all of the 990’s, and Kenny Roberts Sr., who’s expected to ride his KR211V. Kenny Roberts Jr. is scheduled to ride one of the factory Repsol Honda RC211V’s.

·
Registered
865 Posts
MotoMike25 said:
Is this gonna be a prelude to GP for Roger ? hhhmmmmmmm ?
wow i hope so...niiice!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Roger Lee is not quite up to par with the MotoGP crowd. He may get a test but unless he's been holding back for some time, he'll never see a MotoGP start....

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
What do you guys see about Roger that says he won't be in GP that I don't see. I think he's the best of the Hayden's, which says a lot considering that his brother is the champ.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
How is Roger the best of the 3? He needs to at least needs to win some superbike races before moving to the GP class!

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
I look at style. I think he has the greatest potential and is hungrier. It mostly comes out when he racing someone like DiSalvo and I saw hints of it against Tommy last year. It just happened that Tommy was smarter.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Jaybird180 said:
What do you guys see about Roger that says he won't be in GP that I don't see. I think he's the best of the Hayden's, which says a lot considering that his brother is the champ.
Many people think he is the best out of the brothers and i think so too... his brothers are more of the smarter, conscervative riders... he's just balls to the wall, and has potential in GP one day.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Eh he's a good rider but he's not going to get a shot at GP unless he wins a championship convincingly in AMA and even then it's not a done deal. Tommy got on the podium this year, Roger didn't, and Tommy has won AMA championships, Roger hasn't.

Not to say he won't get better but right now he's not at that level. Bottom line is that he has to win the Superbike championship to even have a chance.

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
Things have changed in class progression. Being a great Superbike rider doesn't necessarily translate to a great GP rider nor 250 rider. Look at Pedrosa, he can't set speed properly on corner entries on the 211V.

However you do have freaks like Troy Bayliss. He's a friggin' MONSTER. I'd love to see a grid with him, Haga, Corser, Jake Zemke, Mladin, Rossi, Elias, Melandri and a few others all on the same platform. Maybe an informal race, 600 supersport.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts