Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seen this in the new issue of Red Rider, and had to check it out.

Roland Sands bult this Honda 919 up into a serious StreetFighter. Cycle World is raffling off this one of a kind bike, for the kids. raffle tickets are $5 each, and can be ordered off either of the links below.

"The project started with a 919 donated by American Honda, but that was just the beginning. Following some parking-lot antics (see gallery), Sands and his talented RSD crew got to work transforming the stocker into what promises to be the envy of any bike gathering. The parts list alone is mouth-watering, kindly supplied by companies that tied into Roland's enthusiasm for the build.

Öhlins came onboard, providing a set of its forks and a shock. Renthal sent handlebars that bolt to a set of one-off triple-trees designed by Sands. RSD hand controls complete that package. Vance & Vines worked with Roland on the twin underseat exhaust, customized with hand-bent aluminum heat shields. Performance Machine rotors and radial-mount brake calipers, plus Spiegler braided brake lines, seriously upgrade the front brakes. RSD contrast-cut Domino wheels—the rear a 6-incher—are skinned with Dunlop D208GPs to give a strong stance.

As this is written, Brave Heart is coming together. Paintwork by Air-Trix will soon be back at RSD. Then it's an all-hands-on-deck flog to get the RSD 919 ready for its big debut this Friday in the CW booth at the Long Beach Cycle World International Motorcycle Show. After Long Beach, Brave Heart has an appointment in the CW photo studio, then it will be on display at the remaining nine IMS shows.

To all Brave Heart ticket buyers, best of luck to you. It's a great bike for a greater cause."

read more about it here: http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/ims/
and here: http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=237

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
i got a chance to see at this international motorcycle show in detroit its pretty nice looking and i really like his style. i dont think i would rock it but im more of a full fairing kind of a guy, but his name on it means more than some other builders to me.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
He by far makes the coolest bikes around. They have a real Moto GP race edge to them with the rough imge and personality of harleys and streetfighters.

·
Registered
244 Posts
the winner was just released in the new red rider! Honda needs to make this as a production bike for close to the same MSRP as the 919.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts