Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
KTM has some amazingly talented engineers that work for them, they truly do.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't call it boring. Riding to me is all about the experience and the environment I'm in. Shifting or not you still are getting all of the other stimulus that make riding great. This opens up riding in areas where concerns over noise and pollution limit your riding and I'm all for that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
513 Posts
Its pretty cool. It actually turned out to be a decent bike though. Going fast without sounding like you're going fast would be different.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The technology and engineering is only going to keep getting better,pretty soon you should be able to walk into a dealership or shop and walk out with a electric quad or bike,Polaris has a electric side by side already.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like it or not, this is gonna be a big part of the future of motorcycling in our lifetimes.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
How are you supposed to trail ride it????

Urban assault so you're near a power plug all the time????

True enough, that's what's always held back electric vehicles, the distance they can go. Until it's as easy as carrying a jerry can to refill and not plug and wait 8 hours it's gonna be hard to convince people to switch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am very torn on the new electric bikes. First I love the sound smells and ext. of the modern 4 stroke and 2 stroke. I love rowing through the gears.

But the fact that this is very quite is awesome. You could technically ride anywhere with no complaints. The torque i would imagine is pretty awesome. But the fact that charging is a pain in the ass and no gas and go ability it seems very limited. I guess the main reason I am scared to go this direction is R/c cars /planes and ext from my youth. These things lasted maybe 15 min then you had to wait atleast an hour before you had more fun. :banghead: . That experience from my youth has soured me on anything that is battery powered. It was SO frustrating to play around with a plane for 15 min then have to stop go charge for an hour wait around it sucked balls.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How are you supposed to trail ride it????

Urban assault so you're near a power plug all the time????

I'd rather go home smelling like 2 stroke than a burnt out electronics......
I never said it would replace my other bikes. This would be a cool addition to my garage.

As for the batteries, yeah that is a limiting factor now but they are getting better.

This is cool tech and I am all for it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Give it a chance before you knock it too much. Everyone hated on 4 strokes when they first gained popularity too (for mx). They are too heavy, they don't take as much skill to ride, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts