Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Roommate down on is day old Daytona 675***PICS

So, Saturday I drive my roomate to the Triumph dealer so he can get is brand new Daytona 675 (Scorched Yellow). Of course it is raining so we have to tow it home.

Sunday morning, we go for a ride and he laid it down. There was 4 of us, my rommate was running 2nd and I 3rd. We were coming around this long left hand sweeper and he target fixated on the shoulder, then bam-o he is rolling on the grass.

He looked shaken, but nothing was broken and there was a cut on his calf. But then he sat down and started to go into shock. All the blood drained from his face, his arms started to shake, his eyes started to roll into the back of head and he started making these odd gurgling noises. We called 911 and we were able to calm him down and control his breathing. We spent the rest of the day in the hospital.

Roomate: Is ok, nothing broken and he is just really sore. They were worried that he broke his collar bone, but the muscle is just bruised.

Bike: Looks like its only cosmetic. Broke his right clip on. Needs new left signals, mirror, cowel. New nose and windscreen. New right side front cowel and there is a small dent in the tank. I will try to post some pics when I get home.

Sucks, only 83 miles on the bike.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,375 Posts
He prolly went into shock because he was so pissed. Never heard of anybody going into shock and not really even getting hurt, lol.

Thats too bad, but we live and we learn... thats what makes life so fun!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No this is his second bike. But still a new'ish rider. Which is why we were running him in the middle and at an easy pace. He only had about half of last season and the begining of this one on his old GS500.

Yeah, he knows he f'd up. The first thing he said to me in the hospital was "I feel like such a jackass"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,432 Posts
Dang that sucks man...Glad your roomates ok..



cling said:
He prolly went into shock because he was so pissed. Never heard of anybody going into shock and not really even getting hurt, lol.

Thats too bad, but we live and we learn... thats what makes life so fun!!!
I went into shock after the same type of thing...My legs hit a pole though..Nothing broken, but once the pride (the nah nah I'm alright, I'm cool) went away then everything started turning white...hahaha..Scary feeling..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
sucks, such a new bike and new rider mistake. what does a 'season and a half' constitute? (6 months? or more?)...just curious.

hope he gets back on soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
juni5 said:
I went into shock after the same type of thing...My legs hit a pole though..Nothing broken, but once the pride (the nah nah I'm alright, I'm cool) went away then everything started turning white...hahaha..Scary feeling..

Yeah he described the samething.

He had his old bike for about a year. So half of last season and the beginning of this one = about 4 months of riding time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
ImhurdlerJr said:
So, Saturday I drive my roomate to the Triumph dealer so he can get is brand new Daytona 675 (Scorched Yellow). Of course it is raining so we have to tow it home.

Sunday morning, we go for a ride and he laid it down. There was 4 of us, my rommate was running 2nd and I 3rd. We were coming around this long left hand sweeper and he target fixated on the shoulder, then bam-o he is rolling on the grass.

He looked shaken, but nothing was broken and there was a cut on his calf. But then he sat down and started to go into shock. All the blood drained from his face, his arms started to shake, his eyes started to roll into the back of head and he started making these odd gurgling noises. We called 911 and we were able to calm him down and control his breathing. We spent the rest of the day in the hospital.

Roomate: Is ok, nothing broken and he is just really sore. They were worried that he broke his collar bone, but the muscle is just bruised.

Bike: Looks like its only cosmetic. Broke his right clip on. Needs new left signals, mirror, cowel. New nose and windscreen. New right side front cowel and there is a small dent in the tank. I will try to post some pics when I get home.

Sucks, only 83 miles on the bike.
Hmm, discovering the art of counter steering can be a real mind bender. I bet he was just freaked that it didn't 'turn'.
 

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
Joined
·
11,188 Posts
Glad he's ok. I love those 675's.
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
Damn that sucks.
well knowing what he did wrong is half the rematch battle, tell himto hurry and fix that sucka before it gets too cold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
sorry to hear that man, atleast all he has is a bruised ego and nothing broken. That was a bad ass bike but its going to cost a pretty penny to get the parts for that one.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
51,155 Posts
I am glad your roommate is ok could have been a lot worse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Glad to hear he's ok.
yeah he messed up big time he should have waited to buy the new bike until he had more experience under his belt.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top