Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Holy Crap!!

BREAKING NEWS: Ezpeleta: “Rossi will race in Germany”

http://www.roadracerx.com/breaking-news/breaking-news-ezpeleta-rossi-will-race-in-germany/

According to quotes from Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta on Spanish website AS, Valentino Rossi will race at the next round of the MotoGP series, at Germany’s Sachsenring in less than two weeks. Rossi, who broke his tibia and fibula in a crash at Mugello early last month, had originally hoped to return to action for the Brno Grand Prix in mid-August, but he has moved that date up considerably, according to Ezpeleta. “Valentino will race in Germany,” Ezpeleta told AS. “I’ve known since Assen. It’s great news.”

European news outlets are also reporting that Rossi will test a Yamaha YZF-R1 sport bike at Misano tomorrow, to test the leg.

If true, this is an incredible comeback for Rossi–just three days more than a month from break to riding, and less than two months from break to racing. Dr. Buzzi, who performed the operation to set the bone in Florence after the crash, had predicted a six-month layoff. The nine-time world champion has been using a hyperbaric chamber in an effort to speed up the healing process, and at this past weekend’s Catalunya Grand Prix, the word in the pressroom was that Vale was spending the weekend at his vacation house on the Spanish island of Ibiza.

Prior to breaking his leg, Rossi had injured his shoulder in a motocross crash, and the time off has given him time to heal that injury as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
wonder why no else is posting this? *********** crash.net?...i hope its true i dont think i can stand lorenzo doin another track day

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Awesome! That must be some pretty $$$$ medical care hes getting.

Maybe he will be at Laguna after all to sign my AGV lids!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would like to know who his doctor happens to be. Sounds like he's more of a miracle worker than a doctor.
This is great, just hope it's not too soon.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
bs

dont believe it

·
Registered
502 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
interesting...
haha.

nevermind. i get it now.

no, wait...i still don't see how everything could be interesting (once or twice over) unless you're :retard:.

sorry, must be me. :) again, that damn black label talking!:drunk:

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
The Doc must have had them 5 min epoxy his leg back together! Unless he had Dianese make a plaster cast boot I don't think it's happening. I just hope he doesn't stress it and refracture it and cause more problems.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
The Doc must have had them 5 min epoxy his leg back together! Unless he had Dianese make a plaster cast boot I don't think it's happening. I just hope he doesn't stress it and refracture it and cause more problems.
Forget surgery, Mighty Putty fixes everything! That and some Hercules hooks and the Doc is good to go!

D

·
0 Posts
BS flag being raised here. Rossi hasn't even finished his Misano test today so he and his doctors can figure out the extent of his recovery, so how can RacerX say that he's coming back for Germany?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161332/1/recovering_rossi_to_test_superbike.html

Doctors will evaluate Rossi's condition in a bid to 'better understand' his condition and recovery process.
Rossi will ride a bike for the first time today [Wednesday] since breaking his leg last month as doctors continue to evaluate his recovery process.

Remarkably, it has been just a month (June 5th) since Rossi's accident during free practice for the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello, but the Italian has already lined up a test on a Yamaha YZF-R1 Superbike at Misano.

The test has been organised to 'better understand' Rossi's condition, with doctors hoping to plan the next stage of his rehabilitation programme in order for him to make a return to racing as soon as he feels confident to do so.

A statement for Yamaha said:

“The test will take place using a YZF-R1 WSB machine provided by the Yamaha World Superbike Team to the Fiat Yamaha Team. Yamaha will inform the media later today of the results of the test and of Valentino's condition.”

Rossi has publically targeted the Czech Grand Prix in August as the venue for his return, but should the test go favourably he could be on the FIAT Yamaha for the German GP on July 18th.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2010/Jul/100706rus.htm

Reports: Rossi To Ride Tomorrow At Misano?
by dean adams
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Reports from Europe have it that injured reigning world champion Valentino Rossi will test a Yamaha R1 at Misano tomorrow in an effort to evaluate where his level of fitness is presently. This, roughly thirty days after having his tibia and fibula broken and poking through his flesh.

If there is one tenet of Rossi-watching it's that the normal rules simply don't apply, and that he can summon from himself the ability to pass where there is no room, to win when winning seems almost impossible; abilities that at times border on the supernatural. Does this extend to dramatically shorter healing periods as well?

Only scant information on Rossi's injury and the type of repair that was performed were ever released. Reportedly, Rossi suffered a compound fracture of the tibia and a fracture of the fibula. Some reports have the broken bone protruding not just through the flesh, but into Rossi's leathers which may signify a major break. Yamaha press had it that the surgeon fixed the break with a single pin, which may infer a relativity minor break.

USAToday reported that the surgeon who performed the surgery on Rossi said it was the worst break he'd ever repaired and that he did not expect Rossi to return to racing in 2010.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Crossing my fingers for Laguna Seca.........I know, I know, not likely..

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts