·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from: http://www.motorcycledaily.com/28november07_rossi.htm

Rossi Getting Along Well With Bridgestones in First Test
By Dirck Edge
Click Here!

Now that his hand is feeling a bit better, Valentino Rossi began testing Bridgestone tires for the first time at Jerez yesterday and today. With most of the top riders and manufacturers attending the Jerez test, it is impressive that Rossi is second quickest after the first two days, and easily the quickest Yamaha. Double impressive considering his hand is still quite sore, according to reports. Testing continues tomorrow.

I predict he'll do much better next season, maybe even win the championship again.

N

·
0 Posts
I'm just hoping for an awesome race next year from EVERYONE - Bridgestone or not.

·
Registered
498 Posts
thats great to hear, i hate to hear a racer of vale's caliber being so hung up b/c of something stupid like tires.
i am in favor of single tire rules, but it happens the guys who run motogp dont agree with me though

·
Registered
120 Posts
thats great to hear, i hate to hear a racer of vale's caliber being so hung up b/c of something stupid like tires.
i am in favor of single tire rules, but it happens the guys who run motogp dont agree with me though
Tires are huge. If you've ever raced then you'd know. At the club level, maybe the discrepancy between DOT tires isn't that big, but there is a difference in feel and trust is a big part in going fast.
If Rossi doesn't have success next year then he will look bad, but it is Rossi and if he doesn't know what he's doing then I'll give up riding. Until the championship is sealed up by someone else again then I still think he is the favorite.

At the moment, I enjoy the 'tire wars'. We the consumer get the bi-product of increases in tire technology at the GP level. I think it'd be great if Dunlop and Pirelli/Metzeler could be in the mix in GP's too.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I am excited to see a season of true racing. Not Rossie just getting screwed on his tires. Now we will truly get a chance to see the true competitors. Let's see of Stoner is that much faster than him.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
from: http://www.motorcycledaily.com/28november07_rossi.htm

Rossi Getting Along Well With Bridgestones in First Test
By Dirck Edge
Click Here!

Now that his hand is feeling a bit better, Valentino Rossi began testing Bridgestone tires for the first time at Jerez yesterday and today. With most of the top riders and manufacturers attending the Jerez test, it is impressive that Rossi is second quickest after the first two days, and easily the quickest Yamaha. Double impressive considering his hand is still quite sore, according to reports. Testing continues tomorrow.

I predict he'll do much better next season, maybe even win the championship again.
yep, if yamaha can sort the front end out then he will win , it was the lack of grip that head him hamstrung most of last season!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts