Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Really good stuff in HD. Get it before the YouTube police kill it.

I am really sorry folks

We knew it was coming the video was taken down due to a copy right claim by Dorna

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Breath taking at its finest Mama Mia like the Azzurri say

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've watched all the races except this one. Ofcourse this is the one i miss!

That's racing for sure. ALL HAIL ROSSI.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Amazing timing! What a finish...

Question: What's with the dropping/dragging of the inside (of the turn) foot....?

·
Registered
412 Posts
it kinda works as an air brake (like a flap on an aircraft) as well as I'd imagine it would cool off the leg a little.

The announcers were talking about it during the race a little.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
it kinda works as an air brake (like a flap on an aircraft) as well as I'd imagine it would cool off the leg a little.

The announcers were talking about it during the race a little.
I think he means Rossi's signature move of sticking out his leg (not just knee) and using it as a a way initiating the lean on a turn

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
I know what he means, that's what I'm talking about
Usually the "flap" move is done with the knee pointed out perpendicular to the bike. You get more surface area that way. I don't think thats exactly what Rossi is using it for entirely. But I maybe wrong.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Usually the "flap" move is done with the knee pointed out perpendicular to the bike. You get more surface area that way. I don't think thats exactly what Rossi is using it for entirely. But I maybe wrong.
Yeah, I'm aware of the concept of extending the knee and leg while keeping the foot on the peg...acts as an "airbrake." He's just that badass?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If I heard right, they said Rossi can't even explain why he does it. Funny thing is, after he started doing it, half the grid is now doing it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.