1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Only thing I don't understand is that Bayliss is retired and not racing in 09. I guess they mean if both him and Rossi ran as wildcards. I don't know.

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Very interesting but will Yama big wigs approve such actions that is remained
to be seen

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Bayliss retired at the end of 2008. Also, Rossi beat Ago's premier class GP victory record already.
That's what I mean about Bayliss he's not even racing next year unless he for some reason does a wild card race with rossi. Rossi beat Ago's wins, but Ago has 15 total championships to rossi's 8. It's really hard to compare some numbers though. Back in the day the whole season's were only 7-8 races where today it's 18 so you have twice as many races to score more wins. I think next year will be rossi's toughest year. You have Jorge with more confidence and experience, Dovi on a factory ride, Nicky on a Duc and still Pedrosa and Stoner. I can't wait for 09!!!!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
09 is going to be great. It is going to be an advantage to the riders that had Bridgestones all year last year. Which means Rossi and Stoner (not sure what supplier Dovi had). I would guess it comes down to Stoner and Rossi. And if Lorenzo can stay on the freaking bike, I'd give him a good shot too.

Man, I wish it were time for Qatar already!!!

That's what I mean about Bayliss he's not even racing next year unless he for some reason does a wild card race with rossi. Rossi beat Ago's wins, but Ago has 15 total championships to rossi's 8. It's really hard to compare some numbers though. Back in the day the whole season's were only 7-8 races where today it's 18 so you have twice as many races to score more wins. I think next year will be rossi's toughest year. You have Jorge with more confidence and experience, Dovi on a factory ride, Nicky on a Duc and still Pedrosa and Stoner. I can't wait for 09!!!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
09 is going to be great. It is going to be an advantage to the riders that had Bridgestones all year last year. Which means Rossi and Stoner (not sure what supplier Dovi had). I would guess it comes down to Stoner and Rossi. And if Lorenzo can stay on the freaking bike, I'd give him a good shot too.

Man, I wish it were time for Qatar already!!!
Yeah that's what I mean about lorenzo, if he can stay on the bike he will be very strong. Dovi was on michelins last year but he still has some testing to do to get used to the stones.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
true......
Lorenzo=Highside

Yeah I think he was depending on the electronics to much in the beginning. His highsides were on the first lap both in practice in china and in the race at laguna. He seems to be getting the hang of it though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts