Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the significance to Rossi's number? Anyone know?

I'm thinking it like "For Sex". Try saying 4-6 individually with an Italian accent and it sounds like for sex. Anyways, that's my theory.

It's pretty obvious in Nicky H. case with his 69.

Any other racer's numbers that has any significant meaning you guys know of?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I believe Nicky H. 69 is after his dads number. The number was the same weather he had the rubber side down or not.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
man, that's a great question...i feel like i should know and i don't! oh no.

i do know that honda was pretty pissed at him when he wouldn't carry the #1 plate so it must be fairly significant...maybe its just "his number".

i know i felt that way about my highschool football number...actually, i still feel that way about it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have seen a few pics of Rossi holding on to other men.

I don't know how it is in Italy but I found it very :Supergay:

Did you see the one when he is on the back of some other dudes bike?

I'm not saying he is gay but I shure as hell wouldn't be doing crap like that.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Same w/Rossi. It was his dad's racing number

Yup. Graziano raced in GP's with number 46. That's the significance.

I'm thinking it like "For Sex". Try saying 4-6 individually

Er, no. He's italian, he wouldn't say it in English. If you're looking for the sexual reference. Take a look at his zip tag on his leathers. Says "WLF". You guys know what that stands for?

Viva La Figa. Remember, in Italian, V and W are the same (Latin roots). And Viva La Figa means Long Live C**t!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Gay or not he's definitely one of if not THE best roadracer of all time; I can always respect that... :smile:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RelfF2 said:
i'd like to be number 23...cuz if only i was half the rider Rossi is.....
You're a comedian!

dcraige said:

I don't know how it is in Italy but I found it very supergay.gif

Don't get jealous now. You know you wish you were his finger as he digs his butthole furiously right after he leaves the paddock.

Yeah, why the hell does he do that anyways? Is that part of his prerace ritual? Yeah, I know that leathers ride up sometimes, but DAMN Rossi, chill out with the digging.

Westhondapons - sorry, I'm a little slow here, what the heck does figa mean?

No I wasn't trying to add a sexual conotation to it. Just figured that Rossi is a clown and would put something up like that, just like Nicky blatantly puts 69.

Let me add another one Daijiro Kato's 74 is simply his birthday of July 4th.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
dcraige said:

...I think you're retarded, the one where he's on the back of the other dude's bike is the dude that designed his Austin Powers themed bike... :damnmate:

·
Registered
544 Posts
i ******* hate rossi!!!! he is an awesome rider, but he is just way to efing cocky if you ask me! i am a big fan of Set Gib. And at least he is still with the "Big Red Wing" sorry if i offended anyone by not liking rossi! its just something about him

Tim

·
Registered
282 Posts
dcraige said:

uhhh, suzuka of 03? he ran out of gas on his parade lap.
do you expect him to walk back to the pits after winning? uh, no. so haga gave him a lift.

honda wanted him to ride the number one plate, but rossi refused to, and ended up slapping on an even larger 46 on the bike.
really pissed off honda with that.

he has the huge pre-race ritual like some others do. (only rossi's is more elaborate!)
its just his style.
puts on his gear in the same order, waits till the last minute to put on his knee pucks, pull-my-footpeg, puts on helmet and adjusts it by rocking it back and forth, pulling the leathers out of his butt...

if you pay attention, every race starts the same.
whatever he's doing, it seems to work with his podium and win ratios...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chickenpoodle said:
he has the huge pre-race ritual like some others do. (only rossi's is more elaborate!)
its just his style.
puts on his gear in the same order, waits till the last minute to put on his knee pucks, pull-my-footpeg, puts on helmet and adjusts it by rocking it back and forth, pulling the leathers out of his butt...

if you pay attention, every race starts the same.
whatever he's doing, it seems to work with his podium and win ratios...
He puts new meaning to the phrase "All great athletes dig deeper inside themselves to win." :D

Yeah, I know he does the same ritual. Same with hockey goalies and some pitchers.

Back to the thread topic. Sete's number? Duhamel's 17?

·
Registered
225 Posts
InterdeathstaRR said:
i f***ing hate rossi!!!! he is an awesome rider, but he is just way to efing cocky if you ask me! i am a big fan of Set Gib. And at least he is still with the "Big Red Wing" sorry if i offended anyone by not liking rossi! its just something about him

Tim
Six world titles and counting, I think he can afford to be a little cocky... ;-) Honda had their chance to keep him, but remember, according to Honda, it's the bike that matters, not the rider... :roll:

I wasn't a real big fan of his either, but after this year, I can't help but appreciate what he's done.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
atdi said:
Six world titles and counting, I think he can afford to be a little cocky... ;-) Honda had their chance to keep him, but remember, according to Honda, it's the bike that matters, not the rider... :roll:

When I put my hands past my beltline, I get pretty cocky myself. ;-)

Honda couldn't keep Rossi, not to go into discussions, do a search.

Honda has every reason to say it's the bike. Aside from Rossi, it's always a string of Honda riders right behind. Unlike Yamaha or Ducati as their riders are always spread out. And if it was WCM or Proton, you would definetly want to say it's the bike and not the rider, as they are consistently last.

·
Registered
22 Posts
booRR said:
Back to the thread topic. Sete's number? Duhamel's 17?
the "15" i'm not a hundred % on, but he's been wearing the "74" for his team mate from last year, daijiroh katoh, on his left shoulder. and everytime he finishes on the top podium gives it a tap and a thank you kiss skyward.

·
Registered
543 Posts
It's his father's racing number.....now here's the real question....what's his father's name?

is it....

A- Luciano
B- Giuseppe
C- Graziano
D- Loenardo

V

·
0 Posts
martymcflyrr, I'm going to guess C, Graziano since Westhondapons already mentioned it in his previous post. lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts