Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble reading these postings about moto GP. It seems as if everyone had Rossi's tittie in there mouths. WAKE UP..... Give credit to the others on the track. Yes, Rossi is a true champion and has proved it time and time again. But look around, does anyone see how the others have done racing with this champion. Nicky Hayden had stepped it up and is riding on the same level as Rossi. I know he has not proved anything yet, but remember Rossi didn't just wake up one day with multiple world titles. He had to work for them too. So for the love of racing don't be so one sided and embrace the talent on the track.... AND GET ROSSI's Tittie out of your mouths.

OH, and for you ignorant people who want to discredit Hayden for being in the lead (tied) without winning a race yet. F YOU... He is in the lead because he deserves it. Since when is it a bad thing to consistanly be on the podium? Its not like he isn't trying. Hayden is a champ and he will prove it. PEACE

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
same level as Rossi? are you kidding? he couldn't even get past old man Capirossi but The Doctor did when he went down to 5th place with only 6laps to go, that my friend is a master at work, even with slight chatter problems Rossi still managed to come up on top & he set a pace nobody could match even after the tires are starting to give at the closing laps.

hayden is playing smart but rossi is now hungrier than ever, he's faced with a new challenge and that is climb back up to the top of the standings & he needs to win the upcoming races, it's situations like these that put out the best from rossi, when his machine is at peak perfromance he's unbeatable. :rocker:

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I almost feel like Rossi "threw" the first handful of races so that 1. It'd be a challenge for him, 2. Prove just how freaking awesome he is. Look, I love Hayden; I think he's a phenomenal rider. He may even be able to "steal" three or four races this year. And by no means is being on the podium 8 straight times, be fifth WITH THE FLU, then back on the podium again, something to sneeze at. But brother, I've seen Rossi go from BACK OF THE PACK. BACK!!! And battle his way all the way up to the FRONT! Against the same riders!!! And even though Capirossi is an old man, going fast on a bike isn't an age thing. He's not RUNNING the track, he does have a 260 hp Ducati under him. But I will support Hayden until the day I die! You gotta. He's as American as they come and darnit, I'm a freaking Patriot. GO USA! GO HAYDEN!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hayden really did step it up this race... It was a great race even if hayden didn't win, definitely an intense race.

can't wait for the next race

·
Registered
760 Posts
imagine what it takes to be the guy at the very back of the grid at a moto gp race...now, imagine the top 5 riders in moto gp and then compare yourself to all of them...who sucks now?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Don't forget that riders take their skills to the next level and beyond when they ride in front of their home crowd. Look at Hayden and Edwards last year in the US. Or the Italians in Italy last year...they took 1,2,3,and 4th. Even Tamada got on the podium last year in Japan. IMO that plays a big part. Much like home field advantage in Basketball, Football, etc.

I am a huge Hayden fan but I also know that Hayden's Skill is still a step or two behind Rossi...but I definitley see the improvement that Hayden has made over the last few years. I am one of the believers that Hayden can win a title as soon as this year or next.

I have said it time and time again...but I'll say it again...Rossi is the man to beat.

·
Registered
610 Posts
hayden's won me over. and i was one of his biggest critics for a while. but rossi is rossi. no one rides like rossi. he wins or he breaks down. hayden may be leading, but the only thing that can stop rossi from winning the title is in yamaha's garage.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Let's see who takes Laguna this year...my bet it's not Nicky! lol, i'm such an instigator. I know there's Nicky fans here, I'm just messin. I just can't wait to see the race.

Whoever goes PM me your info so we can hook up for a drink at Cannery Row. I met Moeman out there last year.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
~BLACK ICE~ said:
my $.02 .... hayden is a SOFTY!!! i dont think he has the balls to pull off some of the things rossi does. if hayde would be a bit more agressive he could have poissibly taken a couple 1st in the last races.

Hmm, let's see. If you weren't sure how stable the bike you were sitting on, would you do crazy stuff? Here read this article. It's freaking good how good Hayden is doing a bike that even HONDA didn't think would be this good...

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/motogp/moto/24313/

·
Registered
327 Posts
~BLACK ICE~ said:
my $.02 .... hayden is a SOFTY!!! i dont think he has the balls to pull off some of the things rossi does. if hayde would be a bit more agressive he could have poissibly taken a couple 1st in the last races.
What? Are you kidding me? He is racing with and even beating the best racers the world has to offer and you call him soft? You are comparing arguably the best motogp racer of all time to Hayden and because he hasn't performed as well... you call him soft? Hayden deserves respect even from people like myself who believe Rossi is the best rider in the world. Rossi not only has the skill, he has way more experience, AMA and MotoGP are night and day.

My favorite rider is Hayden but I give respect where respect is due...you should too.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I think Hayden is an awesome rider. He's proven himself to be one of the fastest guys out there, with or without HRC's full support. Even now that he's on the test bike, he's surprising people, especially HRC with how he's tearing it up out there on a bike he's not comfortable with. Hats off to Nicky for being an incredible rider.

On the same level as Rossi though...NO WAY! Nicky might be on a test bike, but he's still on a Honda! Rossi had to develop the M1 basically from scratch, and won the championship in the same year, that's talent!

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Honda (HRC) will tell you the RC211V is the reason why Nicky keeps popping up in the podium, remember what Honda (HRC) said that got Rossi ticked off? "anybody can become world champion when they ride the RC211V." and the rest is history.

btw i've also read the article & it sounds like psywar to me, anybody would give anything to ride a factory Repsol RC211V, try telling that to Ellison or KRJR for that matter. hahahahaha!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts