Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, yes i checked the other posts and don't see this.

My bike was stolen last year and just recovered, the rotors need to be replaced on it, I'm trying to just find plain rotors like what the bike came with, I'm not doing any track days or anything, just enjoying twisties and some highway driving, someone from Revzilla recommended Galfer Waves but those are like $500 each and say theyre for track use only.

Where would you guys recommend getting new rotors from that would suit my needs.
I have a 2012 CBR600rr Non ABS

Also, what kind of non sintered pads would you guys use? EBC?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a set of OE discs and EBC HH ?

Maybe, SS braided lines at that point?

With a crisp MC and clean calipers, that will give you one finger braking.
Where could i get OE Discs? I cant seem to find anywhere that carries them, everything is after market.
This may be a silly question, but what is MC?
I've already done the Galfer Braided lines and they made a world of difference, you can definitely feel it.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
The pads you link to are for track use.....you've got to use brakes heavily at HIGH speeds to get those pads to work properly.

Bike for road or track?

Noise?

You're riding a sportbike......when are you going to be bothered by brake noise?

Any noise the pads make is minimal with EBC hh.

The pads do make a bit of noise when you spin the wheel on a stand....in a quiet garage.

MC is master cylinder.

If I was looking for aftermarket discs, I would use same manuf. as pads I like.

I like EBC hh pads, so would go with EBC discs..

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,858 Posts
ebc discs are absolutely awful lol. they're well documented hot warpy garbage

buy oem, take a guess where to get them. online shows them at 296 each.

if you want aftermarket, the only ones i'd consider using are brembo or braketech. don't fall for that fancy wavey disc ********

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm not wanting the sintered pads because of the noise they make, would something like this work okay?
Sintered is OEM. Anything less on a sportbike is a bad idea IMO. The rotors are thin and heat up quickly, so the pads need the metal.
Buy some used oem disks. My F4i has the originals with over 88,000 miles on them, they don't wear out like cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do track days and am feeling a slight pulse when braking hard at high speed (over 120mph/200kph). I'm thinking rotors might be up for replacement.

I don't know much about brands or types. Any suggestions or input on things I should/could keep an eye out for?

I'm riding a 05 600rr.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
more info and history would be helpful, are you sure both discs are warped?

Borrow a dial indicator and get definite data?

If buying replacements

Look for a good (straight) and thick set of OE's.

They're robust and good quality.

Maybe, rebuild brake calipers as the crud builds up and harms smooth piston movement.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
after years of screwing around with some different options, OE is basically the least amount of hassle and you can't really outride them unless you're in BSB.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts