Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a CBR600RR (2008 model) that does not want to idle normally, seems very rough. the tachometer jumps up and down from 1100-1500, and eventually it dies out. The problem is not as apparant before it comes up to operating temperature.
Changed the sparkplugs, coils, checked for leaks and cracks in vacuum hoses, took out the IACV valve and checked that the stepper motor was operating as normal (at least its operating when i turn on the ignition, but it might still be faulty?).
I also sprayed around the throttlebody with ether to check for vaccum leaks.. Dismantled the throttlebody from the bike and gently cleaned it, even though it seemed to be just fine as it was.

Also tried to clean all of the sensor cables, incase it was an electrical problem.
Checked the fuel pressure, 50psi as the manual says it should be. Checked that each injector fired with an stetoscope, and took them out in order to check the spray pattern. They all seem fine..
The air filter is also okay, even tried running the bike a bit without it to be sure.

Anybody got an idea of what it could be? I just dont know what more to check.
The engine operates perfectly when it comes over 3k rpm.. Drives like normal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Burned out stator.
Stator pin 1-2: 10,4v ac. Stator pin 1-3 : 0.31V ac
Stator pin 2-3: 12,4v ac

Will this be the reason for my rough idle? New stator has been ordered

1 - 2 of 2 Posts