13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought this bike and it didnt run so i took the tank off drained
the fuel, changed the plugs and got it going, 2007 600rr

bike has

PCV and auto tune
quick shift
mgp prowler exhaust off a zx10 - leaning toward this being my issues

bike now runs and operates above 4xxx rpm perfect, absolutely amazing actually cant be caught by my friends zx6 but taking slow corners and coming into excelleration it bogs and sputters and when i fueled up tonight i had to pull the key up to get my gas cap to release from pressure in my tank and could hear it.

i was on the phone with power commander and had him take over my computer and ajust my tune to the best he could for the bike and it didnt help the lack of fuel at lower rpm so wondering what input anyone else has,

power commander suggested an exhaust leak due to the jumpin rpms but havnt found any or hear any

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,852 Posts
You have a pinched breather. Lift your tank again and make sure the hoses aren't crushed.

That is likely not your only issue though. But start there

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I'd also suggest double checking all your breathers are on and plugged into the right places as well. Like Wibbly said I'm thinking you have other issues but start there.

Another test is to run it with the gas cap open to see if that helps.

But I'd be wary of the muffler and PCV combo as well as the hookup of the quick shifter and auto tune. Lots of stuff gets unplugged and spliced for all that hookup, be sure everything is hooked back in correctly, wired and setup right. The pipe may have a leak as well if it wasn't mated well.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts