Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've noticed alot of people are having idle issues where the bike will die. I am having the same problem except my bike doesn't die. First off its and 03 600rr with a k&n filter and jardine slip on and i am currently running rotella t syn oil if any of that matters. It will idle normal but then every now and then more frequent than before kinda cut out as in the rpm's drom very low and then back on. I also notice that my headlights will flicker a bit too when this happens. While riding the bike feels normal other than getting out of first where the bike will be somewhat jumpy. I was hoping for some quick DIY info so i don't have to result in taking it in for hopefully warranty work. Thanks in advance

K

·
0 Posts
no custom map or fuel correction for the filter/pipe? how many miles on your 2003? what is the standing battery voltage? What is the batter voltage at idle? what is the battery voltage at 5000 rpm with the high beam on?

what i'm getting at is either fouled plugs or a failing R/R, and being a 2003, it could really go either way.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no custom map and its had that setup for about 22,000 miles and just recently started doing it. The bike now has 30k and some change. the battery voltage is fine and thebike starts up like a champ. A buddy told me clean the filter so i did 2 days ago and the problem was solved until this morning when it started happening again until the temp got to about 165-170 then as it climbed sitting at traffic lights it idle'd fine and got very hot as usual in this hot weather. So your thinking regulator issue's though i should just check the voltage while running then right. Should it be at 14 like a car?? Oh and the plugs were changed at the 16k service at the stealership. unless they didn't cause they seemed kinda sketchy. but im also due for my free scheduled maintanance in 1500 miles for the 32k service. do you think it could be a possible valve adj. issue??

K

·
0 Posts
doubt it's a valve adjustment issue. do the tests as i've outlined and report back.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it turns out it was the ignition coils so warranty covers it =) Thanks for the help though slugger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts