Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the process of taking the tail off and the two bolts under the rear seat closest to the front are rounded off and I cant get them to break loose. I tried a screw extractor and it snapped off inside the pilot hole I drilled. I figured the next step would be to use a dremal and cut two notch's across the head of the screw that span the now rounded circle and use a bigger screw driver to place in the notch's made and see if that works. Anyone else have any other ideas that could make this less of a pain in the ass?

·
Registered
732 Posts
your doing exactly what i'd do. If that don't work i'd grind two sides of the bolt with the dremmel, clamp down with a pair of vise grips and try turing it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
dremel is the easiest way. I've also had occasional luck with those gator grip sockets, the ones that have the pins in them that adjust to almost anything.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i bought a set of crafstman sockets last year, ive used alot since. I forget what theyre called exactly ill have to go out inthe garage and check, but theyre for rounded nuts and bolts. They worked on everything i tried them on, saves me alot of frustration and time espeically if you dont have room to grind on the bolt head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts