Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will initiate the resolutions but I need help from those who have gone beyond 9K RPM in filling the rest of the resolutions.

RPM Speed
7K 80 MPH
8K 90 MPH
9K 100 MPH
10K ???
11K ???
12K ???
13K ???
14K ???

Since, CBR600RR is linear I would think the complete resolutions would be the following:

RPM Speed
7K 80 MPH
8K 90 MPH
9K 100 MPH
10K 110 MPH
11K 120 MPH
12K 130 MPH
13K 140 MPH
14K 150 MPH

NOTE: Don't fu&k yourself while looking at the RPM and speed. So far, I have been able to get to 9K because the ramp is just too short (LOL).

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
edit: after looking at demented's thread, I understand

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the calculator(s) but I am not looking for a gear/ratio, RPM, and speed calculator.

I am looking for field data from '09 CBR600RR with stock sprockets on 6th gear.

The three data points that I provided are from the 6th gear.

NOTE: I am not interested in theoretical data.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thanks guys for the calculator(s) but I am not looking for a gear/ratio, RPM, and speed calculator.

I am looking for field data from '09 CBR600RR with stock sprockets on 6th gear.

The three data points that I provided are from the 6th gear.

NOTE: I am not interested in theoretical data.
Uhm "field data" isn't going to change the fact that you are dealing with a basic mathematical equation. With stock gearing ALL similar model bikes will go exactly the same speed (minus differences in tire size fluctuations).

The formula for speed is : Mph = (RPM x Tire Diameter) / (gear ratio x 336)

The only "unknown" is whether or not the engine can reach that RPM... If it can attain that RPM then you can easily figure out what speed you'll be traveling at.

Save yourself the time... Just use the calculator.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks pbeaul and brew88. I am flexible I guess I can use the theoretical data as reference points.

Moving on, I am actually surprised here that no one has done a complete RPM and speed resolutions on their CBR600RR. Don't you wanna find out whether your CBR600RR is performing or crappy?

Maybe no one here is a speed demon? C'mon tenjin or demented, don't tell me your ride your CBR600RR like a moped. LOL.

<The only "unknown" is whether or not the engine can reach that RPM…>

All I need is sufficient ramp to prove or disprove.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Don't you wanna find out whether your CBR600RR is performing or crappy?
What exactly are you trying to figure out? It's a mechanical relationship. If you are at 80 mph at 7K rpm, you will be at 160 mph at 14K rpm, or 40 mph at 3500 rpm. It's just math. It doesn't matter if your bike is running crappy or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts