Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cruising i just got my first bike and ive been shiftin around 5000 but it redlines at 15 so what do you usually shirt at while cruising

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
cruising i just got my first bike and ive been shiftin around 5000 but it redlines at 15 so what do you usually shirt at while cruising
Sounds like you got it about right for cruising. No need to rev it sky high.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
17k. even with the popo behind me, word.

·
Registered
532 Posts
REDLINE haha
naw im on the street 98% of the time usually just shift it when it feels its time
i drive a stick in my element so its just a feel thing feel it in the throttle and the sound of the motor
on flat cruising probably shift like 6-9k downhill lower revs and uphilll higher

·
Registered
40 Posts
I usually shift around 5 or 6k as well, I think its pretty much what's comfortable for you. sometimes i like to slowly get it up higher just so i can remind myself how amazing my bike sounds lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
in the manual it explains what MPH you should change at. if im correct, from 1-2 around 12mph. 2-3 17mph 2-3 23mph 3-4 27mph 4-5 32 5-6 like 37mph... ofcourse under certain riding conditions i will be going faster. but check the manual, it has it in there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
in the manual it explains what MPH you should change at. if im correct, from 1-2 around 12mph. 2-3 17mph 2-3 23mph 3-4 27mph 4-5 32 5-6 like 37mph... ofcourse under certain riding conditions i will be going faster. but check the manual, it has it in there.
Yeah shifting at 5mph increments is pretty ridiculous. Just because you can doesn't mean you should :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
well my gma rides her rr around town shifting at 4 or 5 grand for cruizen i prolly shift at 8 or 9 but any other time its right before the little red light shines

·
Registered
233 Posts
wow, i can't believe how many peps shift so early, i shift around 8-10k that's the norm for me...very rarely is it sooner. more often it is later. I love ridin in the higher RPM's...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts