Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the 600rr, a little over a week and I find the handling and smoothness of this bike is exceptional.

Not that I have many years of experience (only 1 on a Honda 599) but my question is; We all know the rr is a very quick bike but on the street, do you actually use all 6 gears and do you follow the gearing as indicated in the manual or is there an unwritten experienced method that works best.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i use all 6 and just putt around. Then when i feel comfortable I get on it and try to run it like its supposed to be run. I dont think there is any harm in running around below 6k rpms. So yes, i follow the gearing in the book but I also following the gearing you would use for track :)

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
farbio615 said:
i use all 6 and just putt around. Then when i feel comfortable I get on it and try to run it like its supposed to be run. I dont think there is any harm in running around below 6k rpms. So yes, i follow the gearing in the book but I also following the gearing you would use for track :)
Yeah Farbio, we all know you shift like my grandmother.

I find that the bike shifts the best in the upper RPM range. That may be more
experience with the throttle and clutch but you will find what she likes.

N

·
0 Posts
Surface streets, I don't go any higher than 3rd gear. Freeway/highway, 5th and 6th gear.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
its funny how i find myself searching for 7th gear on the highway. hahaha around the streets going 30-40mph.. im usually in 2nd gear.. its a honda, it wont break on ya :) haha i seriously didnt read the manual on when to shift gears. and my bike is in mint condition if you ask me. i find myself shifting at about 6,000rpm in 1st, sometimes higher..

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I only use 6th when cruising and trying for gas mileage, much of the time, even at higher speeds, I leave it down in 3rd so that if some situation happened, I have power to react with.

That and I am used to always keeping my revs bloody high from racing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts